Sign in to follow this  
jd6257

Buccaneer Grey Side Walls

Rang them this afternoon, yes they have amended my order to correct van and not told me. But admitted inundated with orders hence delay. Sounds promising now expected two weeks delivery could be earlier. Fingers crossed as new van 2nd April would like it for then if possible.

i think that on there web site they only had 2015 or something like that. so as mine was in jan 2016 i thought id better ring them. thats when she said they have got the newer ones now in.

Yep checked last night the original order was for a model which I believe is not 8' wide. That would have been fun fitting. This is all new to me how easy are they really to fit? Looks easy on the videos. Can one person on their own fit or remove them? What's the purpose of the chevrons on them? Or is that so when I remember to check the mirrors I can see if the caravan is still the right way up 😄 Sorry one more question where we stored the motorhomes is now where the caravan will be stored, some people seem to leave their front covers on. Is that good practice? Sorry all questions again.

Cheers

Steve

I would have thought the 2015 and the 2016 were the same as the 8ft wide was a 2015 feature.

The only difference I can see in the front is that the word Cruiser is on 2016.

Ian

Original order form had Caravel 2012. Happy to be corrected but did not think they were 8' wide? Agree only diffrence on the 2016 is the name badge, if there is one, otherwise they all look the same.

Steve

Yep checked last night the original order was for a model which I believe is not 8' wide. That would have been fun fitting. This is all new to me how easy are they really to fit? Looks easy on the videos. Can one person on their own fit or remove them? What's the purpose of the chevrons on them? Or is that so when I remember to check the mirrors I can see if the caravan is still the right way up Sorry one more question where we stored the motorhomes is now where the caravan will be stored, some people seem to leave their front covers on. Is that good practice? Sorry all questions again.

Cheers

Steve

We made the mistake of leaving the front towing cover on and it took ages to get the front clean again. What happens is that because the cover is not being compressed tightly against the front, dust, leaves, grit etc get down between the cover and the caravan front and with the coverr moving in the wind, the stuff is rubbed onto the front of the caravan.

I am fairly sure that the cover we have for our normal width caravan will fit a caravan 6" wider so at the moment we are not ordering a new front towing cover.

When people explain it the obvious logic kicks in 😊 but when you don't know. ... I bet that did take some cleaning. Hope all goes well with it fitting the new van.

Thanks for the tip.

Steve

We made the mistake of leaving the front towing cover on and it took ages to get the front clean again. What happens is that because the cover is not being compressed tightly against the front, dust, leaves, grit etc get down between the cover and the caravan front and with the coverr moving in the wind, the stuff is rubbed onto the front of the caravan.

I am fairly sure that the cover we have for our normal width caravan will fit a caravan 6" wider so at the moment we are not ordering a new front towing cover.

That's what we thought when changing from a bailey Unicorn to an Elddis Crusader, but it was not the case & we ended up ordering a new one from Protec & sold the Bailey one on fleaby !

post-32697-0-04476500-1459952828_thumb.jpgpost-32697-0-79428100-1459952827_thumb.jpg

I don't think aluminium walls would have survived the battle with a truck door mirror on a round about.

Ian

Before. jpg After. jpg

I don't think aluminium walls would have survived the battle with a truck door mirror on a round about.

Ian

Ouch! I presume ⏳ with polish and all gone?

Did you have it treated with a paint seal of some description when purchased? I was wondering if it made it easier to remove?

Steve

attachicon.gifBefore. jpgattachicon.gifAfter. jpg

Ian

Nice one Ian and thx for posting, so glad it came off. Did the truck (or you) stop just short of the mirror hitting the awning rail as looks like this from your pic?

Has it gone completely I've no slight indentation even?

attachicon.gifBefore. jpgattachicon.gifAfter. jpg

Ian

Like everyone that saw this I'm sure I felt a distinct "pinch". :)

So glad you sorted it and yet I'm sure Aluminium would have creased.

There by the grace go we all.

Spent an hour with a 12v polisher fitted with a foam pad and some rubbing compound I had bought for sorting out previous scratched windows, compound slightly more abrasive than T cut.

A quick polish afterwards and looks fine.

No dents but it took the lens off the marker light without damaging the base part.

Suspect the truck mirror folded and maybe broke because I saw a lot of debris in my mirror but did not stop.

Ian

• Like 3