Sign in to follow this  
gooney1971

Good Idea, Or Annoying To Others...

http://m. ebay. co. uk/itm/Caravan-Hitchbright-LED-Hitch-light-stabiliser-accessories-lock-/272031851641?nav=SEARCH stumbled on this while just browsing ebay, thought it would be quite handy if you needed to go into your front locker at night.

It,ll be annoying to those who go caravanning for a sensory deprivation experience, ;)

Seeing as quite a few people have grumbled about the led lights in the grab handles of Lunars, I would think these would attract the same rumblings.

Interesting idea.

I had lights in my pegs when I did camping.

Stopped me & my size 12's falling over guy lines after going to the facilities over night !!

• Like 1

Considering that the light can be bought in poundland, it is a lot to pay for the plastic bracket!

I often put a cheap solar light just there though, saved my shins many a time when going round the back to swap aquarolls over.

• Like 1

Do agree is expensive for what it is, never seen one before.

Not for me: 1) I put a little red ball thingy in my hitch lock, and 2) I don't have a front locker. I already use a solar light to stop me going aft over apex that I plonk in front of the van. Anyway, if it was used to illuminate the inside of a front locker, as soon as you went to get anything, the locker would then be put in the shade. To grope in my lockers at night I use a battery-powered device called a torch :ph34r: .

• Like 3

Now what the heck would anybody want to be looking for in their front locker at night for? I personally happen to have a torch if I needed to use it anywhere outside for any reason and can direct it where ever I wish to. As the saying goes, "a fool and his money. .."

There are two vans on our site, don't recall the make, which have lights built into the 'A' frame to light the front locker on the van. I don't find them to be a problem in any way.

http://m. ebay. co. uk/itm/Caravan-Hitchbright-LED-Hitch-light-stabiliser-accessories-lock-/272031851641?nav=SEARCH stumbled on this while just browsing ebay, thought it would be quite handy if you needed to go into your front locker at night.

The issue is that if you rummaging around in the front locker, everything wouldl be in a shadow as the light is behind you so no better off. We bought an LED light that we stuck at the top of the locker and switch on if we need to go into the locker. Works for us and you can buy 3 for under £5!

Interesting that the advert says can be used at the same time as a hitch cover!! Yep that's good let's have a light and cover it up!

• Like 2

Now what the heck would anybody want to be looking for in their front locker at night for? . ..

Changing the gas over ?

Never mind the hitch light, I have some of these http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/4X-Stick-and-Click-LED-Push-Button-Super-Bright-Light-Shed-Kitchen-Cupboard-/161835231091?hash=item25ae21a773:g:UNkAAOSwFnFWAmYF

One in the toilet compartment and one in the front locker. My old Leda used to have what looked like a Morris Oxford interior light wired in to the front locker.

Changing the gas over ?

Never mind the hitch light, I have some of these http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/4X-Stick-and-Click-LED-Push-Button-Super-Bright-Light-Shed-Kitchen-Cupboard-/161835231091?hash=item25ae21a773:g:UNkAAOSwFnFWAmYF

One in the toilet compartment and one in the front locker. My old Leda used to have what looked like a Morris Oxford interior light wired in to the front locker.

If anyone cannot see an enormous gas bottle in their front locker without a light (and need's a light to see said gas bottle) nor be able to change the hose over which is no more than a couple of feet from their nose need's to go to specsaver's, in fact they should'nt be on the road driving!

If anyone cannot see an enormous gas bottle in their front locker without a light (and need's a light to see said gas bottle) nor be able to change the hose over which is no more than a couple of feet from their nose need's to go to specsaver's, in fact they should'nt be on the road driving!

If disconnecting and reconnecting the gas bottle or checking on the gas level, then some light is required without having to go to Specsavers. Why do you then think I should not be driving as after all you are required to use your lights at night when driving? I find your last remark quite insulting to say the least as obviously not said in jest.

• Like 4

That is only true if there is moonlight or the sort of light pollution you get in urban areas or caravan sites with lighting. On a moonless night in a rally field miles from the nearest street light, it can sometimes be difficult to see the caravan, let alone the connector on the gas bottle! Particularly if you have just stepped out of a brightly lit interior and walked straight round to change the gas bottle, without waiting 20 minutes for your eyes to get used to the dark.

• Like 2

Gas bottle+ light fixed in locker = boom!

knarf

If disconnecting and reconnecting the gas bottle or checking on the gas level, then some light is required without having to go to Specsavers. Why do you then think I should not be driving as after all you are required to use your lights at night when driving? I find your last remark quite insulting to say the least as obviously not said in jest.

I'll repeat myself, if you need a light to see an enormous gas bottle in your front locker then you must have extremely poor eye sight.

I'll repeat myself, if you need a light to see an enormous gas bottle in your front locker then you must have extremely poor eye sight.

There speaks a man who has clearly never ventured far off grid!

• Like 2

That is only true if there is moonlight or the sort of light pollution you get in urban areas or caravan sites with lighting. On a moonless night in a rally field miles from the nearest street light, it can sometimes be difficult to see the caravan, let alone the connector on the gas bottle! Particularly if you have just stepped out of a brightly lit interior and walked straight round to change the gas bottle, without waiting 20 minutes for your eyes to get used to the dark.

Now you are having a laugh!

Changing the gas over ?

Or, if you don't like using eBay, there are these available next week. ..

http://www. lidl. co. uk/en/our-offers-2491. htm?action=showDetail&id=28259

I can see these appearing on CC sites as the policy of having to park your car on the opposite side to the caravan door forces either you or a passenger past the caravan hitch. ..

At least you'll see the hitch at night before your shins do - been there and got the t-shirt lol.

Gas bottle+ light fixed in locker = boom!

knarf

Please explain as very interested in the "boom" bit when using an LED light.

I notice you evade my statement regarding changing the gas bottle preferring to insult people?

Edited by DeltaTIowner
  • Like 1

All electric switches can create sparks whether they power led or tungsten etc.

knarf

I wouldn't call a Gamping Gaz 907 bottle enormous. I don't need to get to within a couple of feet of the bottle because the light helps me see what I'm doing. That's what it's for. I do use Specsavers but don't need to drive anywhere to change the gas over; my caravan isn't that big.

• Like 2