Sites In South West/western Spain - Advice Please

Hi

For a few years now we have been spending our 12 weekish (6 in spring and 6 in autumn) holidays on the East coast of Spain from Cartagena Northwards.

Next year we would like to explore further South and West. We use the Plymouth/Santander ferry.

We stay mostly on the coast but also like to visit historic/picturesque towns. We like to be within walking/bus distance of food/drink. Prefer not to use car when on site except for trips to a supermarket.

Tend to use mostly ACSI, Best Deal, Camping Cheque sites for good value. I have all the guides/apps etc, so I know where they are, but I seek first hand knowledge/recommendations.

We are early retired and prefer a quiet site, but like to have a good bar/restaurant

on/near site, a nice pool and and good walking country. We are not afraid of the hot spots, we do go to the Benidorm area. My wife is a keen photographer!

Would prefer to stay in a Mediterranean climate rather than the Atlantic.

No children/dogs involved and we are not beach people.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in anticipation.

There is a campsite in Nerja which looks good. It closes for a the month of October but reopens on 1st November.

Cabopino camping near Marbella. Big and next to the dual busy carriage way between Malaga and Marbella. Short walk to beach and good restaurants. Not everyone's cup of tea though.

Camping Bella Vista,near Estapona. British run and immaculately maintained. Not cheap.

We have stayed at El Puerto de Santa Maria for a few days to visit Cadiz. Very interesting and attractive city. ..but on Atlantic coast.

Can't think of many attractive small sites in your preferred area though. We have recced a few and they were a bit run down.

Edited by paulthomas

You could try Camping Rosaleda at Conil de la Frontera. Its in the ACSI book and also does deals for long stays. The town is walking or bus distance depending on how fond of walking you are, the area is famous for its "White Towns " and there is plenty of sightseeing Cadiz, Jerez etc. We have been many times and arriving early May usually found the site pretty empty after the winter residents have left.

Thanks for the info.

Have been away for 10 days and unable to reply before, my phone lost the password!