Sold My Caravan Today

freddie

I put a ad in autotrader Monday to sell our super sirocco had a few emails of buyers that worked on rigs or in wheelchairs and deaf

Saying they can not view the caravan but consider it sold for full asking price will send a courier to collect and pay money in to pay pal or give our bank details yer ok.

Then a chap rang yesterday with a local accent lived local wanted to view this morning so he came round left him to look over we done our deal and he said our van will be shipped to oz

Just googled caravan sales Australia and they really like our English built caravans and sell for good money

Any way I am happy what we sold it for Know lets start sorting out a fifth wheel

One way to deal with the PayPal scam is to tell the ‘buyer’ to PayPal the money to whoever is coming to collect and for him to bring the cash. You’ll never hear from them again.

I agree my Dad was selling his car for spares as it was written off after a flood in 2012 summer. Anyway he had this foreign guy trying to haggle the price with him because he was in London and would need to transport it down. My Dad's in Edinburgh and told him no, then he said he would pay him Paypal which my Dad doesn't have anyway. Again my Dad told him no unless he sends his driver up with cash only! He never heard from him again.

Paypal's not as secure as it makes out, i've had folk pay me only to take the money back out again, long story but not worth the hassle but the first week - 10 days after they've paid they can recall the money so do nothing until after this time if using Paypal.

Compass Shadow 1988

Did you have to fit an extra pair of wheels to the roof before exporting? :D:D:D

Seriously though, I hope your caravan proves to be "a reliable friend" down under.

Well done,

Skiman