Roof Raft On 2015 Clubman/delta

nigel207

We were away in the caravan last weekend, and I noticed that the roof raft below the long skylight didn't appear to be an even distance from the roof all the way around. I saw that when walking from the washroom (Clubman SE) you could see what appeared to be white plastic between the roof and the wooden support on the raft.

Yesterday, I got around to having a good look, and the white plastic is the corner of the blind surround. I loosened all the screws to see if the raft could be moved position, but it couldn't, and also the corners of the blind surround were keeping the raft off the roof at each corner. It's as though the hole in the raft supports isn't large enough to go around the skylight blind.

Is ours unique in this, or do others do the same?

Edited by nigel207

I don't know what a roof raft is and I suspect I'm not alone!

John.

I'm with you LL - what is a roof raft?

Made me wonder too although my mates 2015 Clubman has such a pronounced dip in the roof near the large sky light that he could do with a raft to float around the resulting 1st storey lake.

It has been in & had spacers put in around the edge of the skylight to force any standing water away from the opening.

The raft ( dealer speak, not mine!) is the large oval shaped trim underneath the 2015 Clubman/Delta (and (2014 Saros) large front rooflight. ;)

We were away in the caravan last weekend, and I noticed that the roof raft below the long skylight didn't appear to be an even distance from the roof all the way around. I saw that when walking from the washroom (Clubman SE) you could see what appeared to be white plastic between the roof and the wooden support on the raft.

Yesterday, I got around to having a good look, and the white plastic is the corner of the blind surround. I loosened all the screws to see if the raft could be moved position, but it couldn't, and also the corners of the blind surround were keeping the raft off the roof at each corner. It's as though the hole in the raft supports isn't large enough to go around the skylight blind.

Is ours unique in this, or do others do the same?

I know lunars leak ( our new one certainly did ! ) but . ............ a raft !

Well, we live and learn!

John. :-)

I know lunars leak ( our new one certainly did ! ) but . ............ a raft !

And if you google Coachman caravans water ingress you will find they do as well.

in fact if you google any caravan make you will find similar. We had a Swift caravan which leaked. ........ twice in 6 months, my Lunar so far hasn't!!!!

Kev

And if you google Coachman caravans water ingress you will find they do as well.

in fact if you google any caravan make you will find similar. We had a Swift caravan which leaked. ........ twice in 6 months, my Lunar so far hasn't!!!!

Kev

If it leaks, get a raft!

John. :D

Thanks John will do

If it leaks, get a raft!

John. :D

Edited by Kevin H