Bailey Top Brand For Both 2014 And 2015

John Pov

Just reading a report in Practical Caravan from their survey on customer satisfaction.

Interesting were the brands chosen by new caravan buyers, the results were virtually identical for 2014 and 15.

Bailey: 32. 3 %

Swift group: 31. 2 %

Lunar: 17 %

Elddis / Compass: 7. 7 %

Adria: 1. 5 %

Others: 1. 9 %

Figures speak for themselves.

Those figures will change if swift start building the challenger in HT, unless Bailey bring out a composite floor.

Those figures only relate to those that filled in the survey, and if the figures were almost identical for those two years, then it's obvious the same people bothered to take part.

Edited by Valley Commando

Those figures only relate to those that filled in the survey, and if the figures were almost identical for those two years, then it's obvious the same people bothered to take part.

If they are "new caravan buyers" surely they can't be the same people two years running.

If they are "new caravan buyers" surely they can't be the same people two years running.

Why not, it could be the same people upgrading just because they've got to be first to have that new model, these type of people are about you know, and does anyone really believe these surveys?

The majority of surveys should be taken with a large dose of salt.

Yes I am a cynic

Edited by Valley Commando

We looked at some Adrias last year and found them rather dark and gloomy inside.

Things may be different this year admittedly.

Ian

One thing I noticed at The has just Old Oaks this week. There were six Series 4 Unicorns on site on one day, including one of the wardens.

That seems a very high percentage for just one particular range that's only been in production for just over 12 months. As TOO has about 88 caravan pitches and a couple were empty that's S4 Unicorn's accounting for about 7% of the vans on site.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

One thing I noticed at The has just Old Oaks this week. There were six Series 4 Unicorns on site on one day, including one of the wardens.

That seems a very high percentage for just one particular range that's only been in production for just over 12 months. As TOO has about 88 caravan pitches and a couple were empty that's S4 Unicorn's accounting for about 7% of the vans on site.

Andy,

I think you will find they are Series 3 Unicorns,Series 4 out in a year or two.

Ian

Andy,

I think you will find they are Series 3 Unicorns,Series 4 out in a year or two.

Ian

Must be my age Ian. Keep on getting my Peggy 4's mixed up with my Uni. 3's.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Well when we get the next one in 15 months time it will be another Bailey! May move up from a Pursuit to a Pegasus,just depends on how the stock market is treating us!

Also depends if I am still around!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

As Bailey is the largest UK manufacturer the result is not surprising. I have Practical Caravan but I never bother with the survey. I am sure there are dozens of others like me. I doubt the survey is actually very representative. Or if it is customers must be happy with leaky Alutechs.

Edited by David55

As Bailey is the largest UK manufacturer the result is not surprising. I have Practical Caravan but I never bother with the survey. I am sure there are dozens of others like me. I doubt the survey is actually very representative. Or if it is customers must be happy with leaky Alutechs.

Is that true? - I would have thought that the Swift Group would be the largest, but I'm happy to be corrected

Is that true? - I would have thought that the Swift Group would be the largest, but I'm happy to be corrected

I think Swift are larger as a group . .. statics, motorhomes and tourers combined.

No Coachman in those figures?

Missed it off they were at 7. 7 %

Sounds like an upset Elddis owner !

The fact that one make outsells others also gives no indication that its a better product.

Practical caravan. ...hmm, last time I read that mag, it was like reading a Bailey brochure!

I'm in no way brand loyal with any of my purchases however when I bought my van, the price was right with the associated equipment level. Any other comparative brand was thousands more for little extra. The brand sit themselves in the right place for newcomers to the sector. A percentage of those newcomers will become brand loyal and stick with what they know.

Bailey make sure they keep their brand very much In The limelight, through loans to reviewers, special reports from journalists, sponsorship deals, advertising prime spots (like just inside the cover) of magazines.

They are aiming at the masses and they certainly getting their slice of the pie.

Bailey make sure they keep their brand very much In The limelight, through loans to reviewers, special reports from journalists, sponsorship deals, advertising prime spots (like just inside the cover) of magazines.

I'd be surprised if Swift, Lunar etc. , didn't do the same things to promote their brands. It's called marketing.

Not sure where all the individual manufactures stats come from . .. One thing is for sure, new caravan sales is a shrinking market, with sales down from . 33,500 in 2007 to 18,450 in 2014

2000-2014_UK_TC_home_dispatches_web_final. pdf

http://www. thencc. org. uk/our_industry/statistics. aspx

Edited by Silverback

Missed it off they were at 7. 7 %

Sounds like an upset Elddis owner !

No quite happy with the Elddis thanks. We actually narrowed it down to Elddis Affinity 554 v Bailey Unicorn Vigo and liked both but got a better deal on the Elddis.

Edited by David55

I'd be surprised if Swift, Lunar etc. , didn't do the same things to promote their brands. It's called marketing.

Yes, I have a degree in it (for my sins!) . I was trying to indicate that they are well positioned, and target in the right places. They have no USP that stands above many other of the manufacturers but it's pric and brand loyalty which are their cornerstones of the brand. They are also pushing their heritage now. A visit from HRH helped, I'm sure!

Swift are also dominant when it comes to advertising but I think Bailey have the right concoction of tools and are using them right. :-)