Anyone At The Old Oaks Next Week ?

mayblossom

We're off on Sunday for our last week of the year until next March ( when Old Oaks opens again) really looking forward to it but sad as no more outings this year :( three months will probably fly by! :)

We're off on Sunday for our last week of the year until next March ( when Old Oaks opens again) really looking forward to it but sad as no more outings this year :( three months will probably fly by! :)

Looks great is it a Cc too ?, do you get a discount?

No Lozzy, it's a commercial site and so beautiful! We don't tow anymore and keep the van there on a store and stay basis so it's ready waiting on our pitch when we get there :)

Check their website, £79 for seven nights, we get

a discount 'cause we are very old :D

We may be there later to Christmas shop in Wells

and Glastonbury.

They used to run a mini bus for the carnival floats.

Edited by gumdrop

They have coaches for the Glastonbury carnival next week and think it's Bridgewater this weekend, fully booked next weekend!

I get "oldies" discount too Gumdrop :) and discount for being a silver member ! All adds up :)

I unlikely to get a discount but it's going on my list for next year. . . I look at it this way. . The dogs can come with us so wherever we go we're saving £25 a night . . How's THAT for a discount !!!! 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I unlikely to get a discount but it's going on my list for next year. . . I look at it this way. . The dogs can come with us so wherever we go we're saving £25 a night . . How's THAT for a discount !!!!

And the dogs have their very own bedding tumbledryer. !

We wanted to book for the Glastonbury Carnival, but we have left it too late as they are fully booked :angry:

Aww that's a shame :( maybe book now for next year! ;)

We've had to book our hols for next year as we know we wouldn't be able to go on spec as they are so busy! :)

Came home last Friday after spending 6 nights there - did wonder if you were there and had a sneaky look for your outfit, but didn't see it on pitch!

A major drawback for us is the fact that you can't spontaneously plan a visit - always fully booked.

Have a great time.

Glen.

We're on our last night of five at TOO, heading back home tomorrow.

Discovered a gem of a restaurant where we lunched today. The Sheppey Inn at Lower Godney, about 15 minutes drive. Looks terrible from the outside but is highly idiosyncratic inside. Food excellent and very friendly and helpful staff. Highly recommended.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Aww shame we missed both of you :(

Sounds a lovely place to try Andy, might check it out, we like quirky :lol:

That is the only problem Glen, great for the OO but not so good if you just fancy a quickie :D

We booked our current five nights whilst we were here in August. If I recall correctly it was £99 for payment in advance, which was a lot less than their normal charges.

Incidentally I forgot to mention that I found the Sheppey Inn by checking out the area in the latest Good Food Guide whilst browsing in W H Smith's in Wells. There were a couple of other restaurants in Wells in it, but nothing else within easy distance. They obviously have regular music (stage and paraphernalia), lots of local ales and a large number of outside tables etc for better weather.

Lunch seems a quiet affair with only a dozen or so tables being used indoors.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

We booked our current five nights whilst we were here in August. If I recall correctly it was £99 for payment in advance, which was a lot less than their normal charges.

Incidentally I forgot to mention that I found the Sheppey Inn by checking out the area in the latest Good Food Guide whilst browsing in W H Smith's in Wells. There were a couple of other restaurants in Wells in it, but nothing else within easy distance. They obviously have regular music (stage and paraphernalia), lots of local ales and a large number of outside tables etc for better weather.

Lunch seems a quiet affair with only a dozen or so tables being used indoors.

Do they always give discount for advance booking then?

No Lozzy, they do special offers in low season which are a real bargain! You must give them a try but you will have to book in advance :) it's a beautiful site and just perfect for dogs too, our two love it :wub:

Sadly we ended up paying top rates, including £11. 10 for son's dog, as we just missed the Autumn deals deadline. Oh, we did get a £1 a night seniors discount for Les!

They often have low season deals for advance bookings. They are currently offering 2016 at 2015 prices, but you have to book by tomorrow, with a £40 deposit.

Check out their website or Facebook page regularity for current offers or register your details with them and get their promotional emails.

Edited by Glen and Les

Sadly we ended up paying top rates, including £11. 10 for son's dog, as we just missed the Autumn deals deadline. Oh, we did get a £1 a night seniors discount for Les!They often have low season deals for advance bookings. They are currently offering 2016 at 2015 prices, but you have to book by tomorrow, with a £40 deposit.

Check out their website or Facebook page regularity for current offers or register your details with them and get their promotional emails.

I think I'm thick, I can't find how to register with them?

Just rang up and managed to get two extra nights so we're off in a couple of hours! Only £21 a night so good value :)

Lozzy, just like their FB page and you'll get notifications of what's going on :)

I think I'm thick, I can't find how to register with them?

Drop them an email to info@theoldoaks. co. uk and ask to be put on their mailing list. They sometimes offer a free night to first time visitors.

As so many have talked about the Old Oaks we thought we would check it out, we will be there from the 8th to the 12th. Might also try the Sheppey Inn at Lower Godney, as recommended by Andy.

Only booked yesterday and got a special offer. We are looking forward to it as we like that area. But got to keep away from Clarks at Street.

This will be our last outing this year and an opportunity to try our new Bradcot Aspire Air.

Should imagine we will miss the mayblossom though.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

You'll miss us by one day John! :( would have been lovely to say hello :) hope you have a wonderful break, do you know which pitch you are on?

Hi, you will like Old Oaks, really lovely site and peaceful, spent a week there earlier this year with misses and dog, going again next season, Enjoy

You'll miss us by one day John! :( would have been lovely to say hello :) hope you have a wonderful break, do you know which pitch you are on?

Number 24 Walnut Terrace, probably. Sorry we will miss each other.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Nice pitch John, not too far from toilets/ showers and close to water/ waste etc :) take care as looking very windy next week :(