....and The Cost Of Three Weeks In The Uk Was.....

Following on from the five weeks overseas and three and half thousand miles, the next one on the stats is the UK ferry bashing trip.

Twenty nights away, 1050 miles and the fuel bill comes in at £192. 77, 177. 43 litres, so a MPG of about 27. All diesel was purchased at Tesco, as most often the case in the UK. Can't be bothered with the cost and nonsense associated with "premium brands", run on the cheapest I say!

Some nights were free stays - port car parks etc, others were on sites. Cost of stays on sites and also including parking when used as an overnight stop in a car park etc £190.

The itinerary was basically, Sheffield - Northants - CCC Clent Hills (lovely) - Oswestry - Holyhead - ferry cranking to Dublin - coast roads to Fishguard, ferry cranking to Rosslare, Pembroke, ferry cranking back to Rosslare, Wool (Dorset), fast craft to Guernsey, another fassssssst craft to Guernsey two days later as the forecast was rough, (plus at £16 for two litres of spirits on the Condor Liberation, it's rude not to!), then Chertsey, Cambridge, Lincoln and Sheffield.

Unlike the overseas trip, all sites were prebooked which is a farce and takes the spur of the moment and "fun" out of touring.

Much cheaper of course than the Italian run, but only a third of the miles.

As you know, we like to be toll free but got stung near Milford Haven for a £1 I think it was!

Home for a week now then off dolphin spotting all being well, using the fast craft to Guernsey and then onto Sark, then to St Malo.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

The itinerary was basically, Sheffield - Northants - CCC Clent Hills (lovely) - Oswestry - Holyhead - ferry cranking to Dublin - coast roads to Fishguard, ferry cranking to Rosslare, Pembroke, ferry cranking back to Rosslare, Wool (Dorset), fast craft to Guernsey, another fassssssst craft to Guernsey two days later as the forecast was rough, (plus at £16 for two litres of spirits on the Condor Liberation, it's rude not to!), then Chertsey, Cambridge, Lincoln and Sheffield.

. . . and you still didn't call into say, "hello" as you passed by! Shame on you Russ. You have our phone number and address . . . ;):D

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

And fortunately I'm going away again next week. I usually say you need a holiday to get over the last one!

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.