Seasonal Pitch.

Hi Folks,

I will be siting our caravan this weekend for a year and was wondering weather to put the van on some Tyre savers, its on a grass pitch but unsure what would be best the van has 2 brand new Tyre's on and i don't want to end up with flat spots. ..

thanks Drew. .

If you are leaving the van for an extended period of time have you thought about using what I think are called "winter wheels" Basically they are a large metal plate that totally replaces the wheels and tyres. That way you could store your wheels and tyres in your garage at home. No sunlight, no weight bearing and the added of advantage of making your van much harder to nick !!

I am sure someone will be along shortly with the correct name and probably an internet link !

Andy

just found the below link just to show what I am wittering on about.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/like/151848614921?adgroupid=13936810266&hlpht=true&hlpv=2&rlsatarget=kwd-124296816306&adtype=pla&ff3=1&lpid=122&poi=&ul_noapp=true&limghlpsr=true&ff19=0&device=c&chn=ps&campaignid=220881786&crdt=0&ff12=67&ff11=ICEP3. 0. 0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Have you thought of putting axle stands under the axle to take the weight of the van and then covering the wheels to protect them from sunlight - that would also save the suspension from compressing as well. Of course you'd have to remember to remove them before towing the van off.

Also some sites may not allow a van to be sited without wheels or on stands in case they need to tow it out of the way in the case of fire or any maintenance requirements.

I just fit two old wheels and tyres (x scrap van) and only use 2 studs / wheel.

This allows me to shift van around yard if needs be but any thief wouldn't get far with only 2 not very tight studs.