Removal Of Kitchen Light Diffuser In Compass/elddis Corona

Woolfiddler

Hello,

We successfully managed to replace the fluorescent tube that was failing in the toilet as we could easily undo the screws which held the diffuser in place. However, now, we need to replace the tube in the kitchen and are rather stumped. It would appear to be a screwless snap-on type of cover that's proving difficult to manoeuvre off without shattering it. Would anyone out there have any experience/tips that might help us, please? (Nothing in the owner's manual.)

The caravan is a Compass Corona 362 (2003). I attach a photograph.

Many thanks.

post-74801-0-38636100-1445883064_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum! :welcome: Have you looked inside the cupboard to see if is screwed in

from there??

Thanks for the welcome, Graham and gravon42. My other half checked inside the cupboard but it's not fixed in from there apparently.

Most caravan fittings are usually sourced from the same supplier. Before you break something, might be worthwhile reaching out to your caravan manufacturer for supplier advice, then contact them for removal advice. You might also want to consider posting in the forum for your caravan manufacturer - members there might have experience.

Thanks for the input Tictag, but my partner had another look at it today and this time successfully managed to prise the diffuser off with the blade of a kitchen knife between the fixed housing and the diffuser. Hoorah! Didn't see him do it but he said he just inserted the blade at one end and applied pressure until it popped off. There must be an easier way to attach these things but heigh-ho!