Filllpg For Safefill Campaign Goes Active!

Speleccy

Hi all. A massive thanks to all those members who took the trouble to vote on the recent campaign to get the app developer, FillLPG, to adopt the idea of showing SAFEFILL SITES. I have confirmation that the idea has gone from Active to PROGRESS. In other words, they are now working on it! Well done everyone! This will be such a benefit both to those who have already gone to Safefill and all those who are thinking about it. This should be a reliable app when it emerges with Safefill sites shown. Thanks again!

Edited by Speleccy

Not sure of the benefits as it is an app requiring a Smart phone? We have found the downloadable ov file from their website to be of help as that seems to be up to date. We now have it on your TomTom and it makes life easier.

Then I and I suspect a few others have a Smart Phone, but not a loadable SatNav, so will find it useful thanks.

Then I and I suspect a few others have a Smart Phone, but not a loadable SatNav, so will find it useful thanks.

I appreciate that some will find it usefull and I did sign up to the website. Does it mean you are using your mobile phone while driving to get to the Safefill retailer? We have Smartphones, but they are too Smart for us so just use the phone as it is meant to be used, for making calls. :D

Can it be developed as POI for sat navs please?

Does it mean you are using your mobile phone while driving to get to the Safefill retailer? We have Smartphones, but they are too Smart for us so just use the phone as it is meant to be used, for making calls. :D

No hopefully I either look up and enter the post code before we start the car; where that's not practical my able navigator would do the task though the car motion and fingering the phones screen is I accept a challenge. These phones are "too Smart" for either of us septuagenarians to fully understand, though I revel in the grey-cell excising they offer. Simple tasks like using fuel station apps and web browsing are mastered, accepting and hearing the calls is more a challenge away from the cars hands free. ;)

Go to the website and download the POI file onto your satnav like we did. A bit of a hassle but you get there in the end.

Good point, but according to above - yes!

Edited by Speleccy

Good point, but according to above - yes!

However I have found I can't get POIs into the built in SAtNavs in the two vehicles we have; I can into a free standing SatNav but much prefer the integrated systems. So its find the post code or similar off an app and dial that in.

How old are the built in satnavs? I had an Alpine built in some years ago and it looked the business but I find the mobile units so much better and for downloading new data etc.

Edited by Speleccy

. .. so just use the phone as it is meant to be used, for making calls. :D

How quaint! I'm in the 25% (and growing) who rarely make voice calls.

http://www. theguardian. com/news/datablog/2015/sep/08/one-in-four-uk-smartphone-weekly-phone-calls

How old are the built in satnavs? I had an Alpine built in some years ago and it looked the business but I find the mobile units so much better and for downloading new data etc.

The Disco's Deso unit is now 9 years old, the Golfs a year last May. For neither can I find a way to import after market POIs.

Wow! 9 years old. That's a good bit of kit then and I can understand why you can't download files but a year old? Surely VW can help?