Need A Night Heater For Van

batista230

Hi

I'm looking for some sort of night heater for my small van that I can run overnight while I am sleeping.

I though about a gas or diesel heater with air intake in and a flu out would do the job or even a caravan oven.

I also saw some bio ethanol little heater fires on B&Q web site, as I think you can burn alcohol safely with out fitting ventilation pipes.

Any ideas please

Edited by batista230

I use an ordinary electric house heater which is fitted with a thermostat, timer etc. This can be set for overnight heating and is quiet as I don't need the fan.

I use an ordinary electric house heater which is fitted with a thermostat, timer etc. This can be set for overnight heating and is quiet as I don't need the fan.

yes but I dont have any electricity!

Do you mean that the site doesn't have EHU or that your van doesn't have the input? If it's cold use a site with EHU and/or ģet one of the cables that the tenting fraternity use. ..

Have you researched Wood Burners ? I have seen some in Camper Vans, depends where you

are sited I suppose in relation to neighbours and the smoke.

A hot water bottle is your best bet.

A good sleeping bag will keep you warm even in sub zero temperatures.

You could wear a sleeping bag suit if you want to be able to move about.

https://www. google. co. uk/search?q=sleeping+bag+suit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=jOgtVq3QN4viU__Kh5AN

Anything that burns a fuel will remove oxygen from an enclosed space and will produce its own by products which is what can be dangerous. We have a bio ethanol fireplace in our lounge and it provides nice background heat but is not a primary source of heat, I always open the door if we have on for any extended period and our lounge will be much much bigger area than your caravan

As above a decent sleeping bag or clothes will be safer option if electric is not available

Using the oven isn't a good idea, you need a heater which is room sealed.

A proper caravan heater which externally flued like those already fitted in modern caravans or a Propex type http://www. propexheatsource. co. uk/heaters

Gary at arcsystems. biz could be of more help

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Doesn't your caravan have a built in gas heater with an external flue ?

Edited by Shirl250

What about a whale underfloor unit. It's about the size of a shoebox and you could have an outlet at each end. I thought about putting one in my jeep running off the lpg tank for the times when I kip in the back.

Downside would be it needs a separate battery (or your leisure battery if you have got one fitted) to run the fan.

Or how about an old style carver/truma heater with a flue out of the roof?

We had a Propex heater in our boat and very good it was but it's a bit noisy especially as it kicks in & out.

We used it overnight but both of us could sleep quite happily in a raging tempest with all the rigging flapping about and the boat bouncing around with the anchor chain grinding & snatching in the fairleads.

Some of those more sensitive would find it unacceptable