Cracked Water Filter Housing. Leak

I had a water leak inside my van from the Truma ultra flow filter housing. Found a crack in the housing from where the wateter enters before the filter. I naught a new housing every thing looked o k. I have gon away for the fist time after fitting the housing. Second day on site & the new housing is leakin. A crack in the housing in the same place. Anyone know if there has been any faulty housings?

I got sick of replacing them housings. Is it the type with the clear filter? I went through three before i upgraded to the newer type with the blue lid on the filter. Advantage was I didn't use a filter at all just put lid on and it lasted until I sold the van. There is a retrofit kit which comes with the pistol type pump connector as well.

• 4 years later...

i hope this will be helpful as ive had a lot of problems with the blue filter cap leaking:angry: on the truma  ultraflow it was ok the 1st season i used it then i had to tighten it more and more to stop leaks so i changed the cap and the o-ring ok at 1st then the same problem .so i measured the inside diametre of the blue cap 70mm and the thickness of the last section in bottom of cap 2mm  went on ebay and found a rubber  edpm washer with an outside diametre of 70mm inside does'nt matter and 2mm thick.from woad diy & trade supplies 3 de burton close billingborough sleaford links ,email woadtrading@hotmail.co.uk  e bay item number 372570681544 put this number in item search and it should find it. anyway discard the o-ring and fit washer into cap clips under the last 4 plastic section in cap nice and snug like it was made for it.wipe a tiny bit of cooking oil around the washer and on the threaded section screw it on finger tight job done:D the washer's come in pairs so youv,e got a spare cost £6.59 inc delivery i will try and add some pictures if not send email address and will send pics