Anti Social Warden!

PR1

9. 10 am this morning and the sound of a loud radio playing on the site!

It was the warden with a radio playing loudly on his trailer whilst he raked leaves up!

Rather anti-social I think.

I wonder what he would have said to a caravan owner with a loud radio playing in the awning!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Before 8:00am is an issue, after 9:00am surely isn't?

Any loud radio/music at anytime is antisocial - he could always wear some earphones if he wants to listen to the radio.

Maybe he's been watching too much Hi Di Hi,

morning campers :lol:

I agree with Laney he should be using earphones

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Earphones are anti social. Sharing the sounds is sociable. What a load of miseries exist on here, a few sounds of life being lived and the moaning starts.

I live in a town where I hear man made noises :angry: all day every day.

I go to the country to hear nature :) such as birds and animals not man.

I'm an early riser, so that's mid morning for me. However, if it really was loud then you should have told him, I'm sure if the boot was on the other foot you would have been told.

When we want to hear music, we play music that we can hear but others can't. The surplus noise of the warden's music is POLUTION.

I hadn't assumed that it was necessarily music at 9. 10 in the morning.

Bill

Don't wardens have to wear ear defenders when working with machinery (including tractors)?

If so then wearing ear buds under the defenders would render him entirely deaf to the world around him whereas a radio turned up a little in his work area would leave him able to hear people speaking to him etc.

Trying to picture a CC warden on his tractor but it escapes me.

Slightly off topic but worth a mention, when I arrived at a Caravan Club site recently the warden said I was late, did not arrive in the time slot stated on the booking confirmation, never had this before, not sure if it was in jest or being serious, I just said I was delayed by an accident on the M1 and got diverted off, anyway makes a change from being early.

We've just got back from a week in Daleacres CC site - a lovely site in West Hythe in Kent. We went off cycling everyday coming back about 4. 00ish ready for a beer, a shower and a nap before cocktails at 6. 00 ! Every day one of the wardens turned up in our area about 4 to 4. 30 with either a motorised bush trimmer, a leaf blower or a mower ! I understand that they have to keep the place looking good but, from our point of view, we were out all day. ... etc etc etc ! He was wearing his ear defenders though. .. B)

We were near the exit so we cycled the wrong way out of the site one day - "There is a one way system in operation you know" ! It was like being back at school. Hilarious ! We apologised and promised never to do it again. Rules is Rules ! ;)

The site was blissfully peaceful all week (apart from the gardeners !) and then Friday night - Armageddon ! 'Twas the start of half term week ! We left on Saturday morning ! Phew ! :D

Earphones are anti social. Sharing the sounds is sociable. What a load of miseries exist on here, a few sounds of life being lived and the moaning starts.

It's only sociable if everyone else wants to hear it ! Second hand radio/music is really infuriating. Perhaps I should play some Meatloaf really load - would that be "sociable" ?

Don't wardens have to wear ear defenders when working with machinery (including tractors)?

If so then wearing ear buds under the defenders would render him entirely deaf to the world around him whereas a radio turned up a little in his work area would leave him able to hear people speaking to him etc.

Trying to picture a CC warden on his tractor but it escapes me.

If he has ear defenders on, how can he hear the radio ? If he has it load enough to hear, he is disturbing others. I used to have a neighbour who would come outside and put the radio on in his car parked on his drive so he could listen to some football game - and then proceed to mow the lawn !!! Couldn't possibly hear it properly and every one else got the distant radio. Thoughtless !!

i would have thought a broad casting license would be needed from a employee. its in there work place. ???

It's only sociable if everyone else wants to hear it ! Second hand radio/music is really infuriating. Perhaps I should play some Meatloaf really load - would that be "sociable" ?

Meatloaf at any volume is antisocial!

Of course it would be, I already said. Meatloaf, Ted Nugent, Vivaldi, Andrews Sisters, whatever.

i would have thought a broad casting license would be needed from a employee. its in there work place. ???

No music licence required. If the Caravan Club provided music for the benefit of staff or customers then they would need to buy an annual Performing Rights Society music licence.

In this instance, the employee seems to have provided the his own personal listening equipment and notwithstanding the suggestion that he was playing it loudly, clearly the music was not being broadcast for the benefit of others in the proper sense of 'broadcast'.

One of the costs I used to sign off annually was the PRS licences for two locations - effectively the cost for each location was based on the number of staff x number of hours they had the benefit of (in our case) a radio station piped around the buildings.