Sprite Info.

Steamdrivenandy

I called into Leisure Sales this afternoon and wobbled into their showroom. Well you have to, don't you?

They had three of the Sprite dealer specials on show and they looked v tidy except the white kitchen lockers to which I have a pet aversion.

The 'Astbury' (Major 4SB) was excellent, except the big bed was stuck fast in short format. And the shower didn't impress as it was a squeeze to get through the door and must've been 6ins tinier all round compared to the Rimini and I reckon nearly a foot all round off most Lunar showers.

I didn't bother with the Henbury (Major 4FB) as we don't 'do' corner fixed beds and I suspect the washroom and most else was identical to the Astbury.

The twin axle Wrenbury (Quattro FB) was a non-starter with the side rear combined shower and loo plus basin in the bedroom and I'd have loved to have a mooch round the Wrenbury L (Quattro EW) as that has a proper rear bathroom and interesting lounge format but sadly none were around. Mind, I bet the shower is tiny too.

Anyway I picked up their Leisure Home brochure and was pleased to see that a Wrenbury L on standard MTPLM of 1593kg could just about be pulled by the V70 with its 1600kg tow limit. It was also good to see they listed the max. MTPLM that the vans could be upgraded too, which up to now only Elddis has regularly published I believe. It certainly saves a bit of faffing anyway.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I had a quick look at these online (after ordering our Lowdham's special, which is never wise). Nice looking and very similar.

Ours is coming with solar and a few other bits that Leisure Sales don't list, so worth checking/looking about.

Surely though, you can't be thinking of changing again yet? :o

Nay, Nay AE old chap. Just keepin' the old eye in and sizing up what will be available used in a few years.

Just checked out the Lowdhams website and there's no mention of the Quattro EW (WrenburyL) layout there at all.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.