Sign in to follow this  
JCloughie

Clubman Delta Electrical Systems

I have written in the past to advise others about some Sargent EC 500 PSU's fitted to early 2015 Clubman and Delta caravans, and possibly 2014 including Saros.

These where fitted with 3 x 10 amp breakers but they should be 2 x 10 amp and 1 x 16 amp.

These will be changed if you ask but so far as I know they have not been recalled.

I have just found out that on the Sargent EC 370 control panel there is a software issue which only becomes apparent when a solar panel is connected. This requires the panel to be changed and the old one sent back to Sargent.

In my experience, Lunar care little about their customers once they have the sale. In my opinion, both of the above required a recall. Even my dealers service department are unaware of the issues. But Sargent are excellent.

Mods/Admin, you may consider pinning this.

John

• Like 1

I have a Delta RS 2014, where can i find out which psu and control panel is fitted to my van without going to my storage yard? Will the model numbers be in any of the paperwork i received with my van.

I have a Delta RS 2014, where can i find out which psu and control panel is fitted to my van without going to my storage yard? Will the model numbers be in any of the paperwork i received with my van.

It should be, also you can view the docs on the Lunar web site.

John

I have written in the past to advise others about some Sargent EC 500 PSU's fitted to early 2015 Clubman and Delta caravans, and possibly 2014 including Saros.

These where fitted with 3 x 10 amp breakers but they should be 2 x 10 amp and 1 x 16 amp.

These will be changed if you ask but so far as I know they have not been recalled.

I have just found out that on the Sargent EC 370 control panel there is a software issue which only becomes apparent when a solar panel is connected. This requires the panel to be changed and the old one sent back to Sargent.

In my experience, Lunar care little about their customers once they have the sale. In my opinion, both of the above required a recall. Even my dealers service department are unaware of the issues. But Sargent are excellent.

John

John,

What is the issue regarding the solar panel?

John.

John,

What is the issue regarding the solar panel?

John.

Sargent did not give details but my 20 watt solar panel showed -0. 1 amp on the control panel. A bit dull but not too much to ask for a positive charge.

The software version is shown on one of the menu screens. Sargent tech can check if this is up to date.

John

• Like 1

I too questioned the perculiar readings displayed on the control panel of my 2015 Clubman. My dealer contacted Lunar/Sargent, and the unit was changed very quickly, with Sargent confirming that there was a software issue as you say. It now gives readings that I would expect. However, although "odd" readings were displayed, apparently the solar panel would have been doing its job.

New panel arrived today, will fit tomorrow and report back.

John

My Lexon 640 Ultima, new November 2015 has a EC175 system and EC 360 above the door. The van has an alarm (always on), no tracker and 40w solar panel. Everything seemingly works well, battery keeps fully charged and so the mover will pull the van out of storage after several months - I'm not a winter caravaner. The battery is 110AH but is over 7 years old so I am not expecting it to continue for many more!

New panel arrived today, will fit tomorrow and report back.

John

Still slight battery drain even with a 20 watt solar panel.

John

Late update.

As the van is in storage I don't know what the display panel shows on the odd bright day. But bearing in mind that I only have a 20 watt panel and that is temporally fitted in the roof light, (so not the best place). The reading I get from Phantom show an initial drop to 12. 2, then it seam to hold OK and show slight improvement's on bright days. So all seems good, I think.

post-46773-0-35467100-1455990809_thumb.jpg

John

Edited by JCloughie

John

Can I ask what makes you think 10A is incorrect? My van has 6A which feeds the fridge, PSU and water heater, and 10A that feeds all power points and the electric part of the heating. You don't want to have 16A available as you will possibly overload your cable (depending on size) and trip the EHU post before you trip your van.

Can I ask what makes you think 10A is incorrect? My van has 6A which feeds the fridge, PSU and water heater, and 10A that feeds all power points and the electric part of the heating. You don't want to have 16A available as you will possibly overload your cable (depending on size) and trip the EHU post before you trip your van.

10 amp is wrong for 2 reasons.

1, it was designed to be 16, and its in the handbook.

2, it has to handle up to 3kw, 10 amp won't.

Clearly a 16 amp supply is also required.

John