Pastiche 2011 Bathroom Light

Paul R T

Hi All,

I bought a 2011 Coachman Pastiche 460/2 new in July 2011. I then changed virtually all the 12-volt lights from halogens to LEDs with the exception of the single light over the wash-basin in the end bathroom (I ran out of LEDs). I finally purchased a LED for it at the NEC show last week.

However, I cannot see how to get into the light to change the bulb and replace it with the LED. Having removed the outside diffuser, the light appears to be a sealed unit (but presumably it isn’t). It is a tight fit into a ceiling board, and I am reluctant to try to prise it out, as there is no obvious means of attachment, other than the tight fit.

Has anyone changed this bulb and can advise as to how the fitting comes apart?

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers

Paul R T

I am not familiar with your make of caravan but, on mine (Swift) I had the same problem and learned eventually that there are a pair of springs holding the light into the panel. Heave hard enough and the light will come out and you will have bent the clips out of shape. You can rectify the shape of the springs prior to putting the light back in. I found with mine that I couldn't get an LED bulb to fit it. A similar light is available though with led bulb. I didn't bother in the end but left the Halegon light as it was. The rest of the lights were converted to LED without difficulty.

Hi Ern,

Thanks for the response. This sounds to be the same light as mine. Based on your experience, I will leave it alone!

Thanks for your reponse also, Kiaboy. It's not that one; it's a horizontally mounted G4 halogen bulb inside the 'unopenable' unit.

Cheers

Paul R T