Is This Really Necessary

There is a Lunar caravan on the site that I am staying on at the moment, so what you say, they are over the place, the reason I mention it is that it stands there on the pitch at night with blue lights in the grab handle blazing away, can be seen for miles, is this really necessary. I can see problems ahead if caravan makers continue with this design feature. Firstly I can see that in sensitive parts of the country where caravans are supposed to keep a low profile there will be protests if all the manufactures do this, can you imaging this on the side of Loch Lomond, go down like lead balloon.

One of the things I like about being away in the van is that it sometimes lets me get away from light polution and see the big sky at night.

There is a Lunar caravan on the site that I am staying on at the moment, so what you say, they are over the place, the reason I mention it is that it stands there on the pitch at night with blue lights in the grab handle blazing away, can be seen for miles, is this really necessary. I can see problems ahead if caravan makers continue with this design feature. Firstly I can see that in sensitive parts of the country where caravans are supposed to keep a low profile there will be protests if all the manufactures do this, can you imaging this on the side of Loch Lomond, go down like lead balloon.

Photo, please. So that we can make our minds up.

Photo, please. So that we can make our minds up.

Not difficult to visualise, just think grab handles recesses lit with flourescent blue lights on all four corners.

My lunar has these, I don't use them often but there handy in the summer if your sat outside.

I like them each to there own 😀

Edited by Lozsing

Yes, saw one like it last month at Bladon Chains CC site

Surprisingly bright blue glow from both front & rear grab handles- not a real problem in a relatively built up area but not if you want a nice dark site to watch the stars.

My lunar has these, I don't use them often but there handy in the summer if your sat outside.

Are you saying that you can actually turn them off.

I have seen these lights a number of times but I'm not sure they are a cause for concern even if they are a little 'blingy' Probably no worse than solar lights set in the ground around a caravan, awning lights left on all night or the extra festive light at Christmas. ..

Only seen them on the front of a van (pitched front outwards so rear may have been not visible)and aren't the set into the handle such that the light is diffused over the caravan front panel?

Be grateful. The lights will attract the insects.

Like I said, if you are at Loch Lomond it might attract the midges, can only be a good thing.

Like I said, if you are at Loch Lomond it might attract the midges, can only be a good thing.

Won't attract the midges, it's carbon dioxide in your breath that attracts midges.

Anton

Anton

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I've seen them on a few Sites now - absolutely hate them. Also why do some people leave their outside above door 'bling' led strip lights on all night ?

It all sounds a bit naff to me. I'm pleased to read that these lights can be turned off, for if this were not the case, it would be a deal breaker and make me look at an alternative manufacturer's offering.
Personally I hate to see "fairy lights and flags" on site as neither are in keeping with the "escape to the country" image of caravanning.
Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I've seen them on a few Sites now - absolutely hate them. Also why do some people leave their outside above door 'bling' led strip lights on all night ?

They are the probably the same sort of folk who drive around with their fog lights on all the time!

John. :)

Personally I hate to see "fairy lights and flags" on site as neither are in keeping with the "escape to the country" image of caravanning.

Gordon.

I agree 100%.

Even worse are the long fishing rods attached to the hitch with coloured flashing solar powered LEDs that some insist on using on sites.

saw one in boroughbridge last month blue lights shining down from underneath caravan looked like it was sitting on a exhibition stand

If you close your curtains and keep yourself to yourself you will not see the lights.

Then you will all have to find something else to moan.

Life is far too short to curtain twitch.

LOL - but the Caravan Club letters pages will be empty then. ...

Gordon.

Hate is a strong word.

Me I dislike coffin dodgers and folks who were born adult who love to hate others who enjoy making their vanning enjoyable for themselves. Why do so many care about how others decorate their van, is it jealousy? I can only think it is. Those people should not be jealous, they should get themselves a life.

What I and others do within the pitch is ours to bother about not others, if there is no noise to bother about, then get about your own business.

And as for escape to the country, have yet to just go off road and plug my van in. I assume by escape to the country you mean wild vanning, not using all your mod cons. CC and C&CC sites are not exactly escape to the country.

This is not a dress rehearsal.

Hate is a strong word.

Me I dislike coffin dodgers and folks who were born adult who love to hate others who enjoy making their vanning enjoyable for themselves. Why do so many care about how others decorate their van, is it jealousy? I can only think it is. Those people should not be jealous, they should get themselves a life.

What I and others do within the pitch is ours to bother about not others, if there is no noise to bother about, then get about your own business.

And as for escape to the country, have yet to just go off road and plug my van in. I assume by escape to the country you mean wild vanning, not using all your mod cons. CC and C&CC sites are not exactly escape to the country.

Peter - my comment re outside above door light stems from being able to see light in my van all night with all my blinds down. I'm struggling to gauge the level of 'enjoyment' increase for the owner of the van by having this light on overnight whilst he's asleep.

Peter - my comment re outside above door light stems from being able to see light in my van all night with all my blinds down. I'm struggling to gauge the level of 'enjoyment' increase for the owner of the van by having this light on overnight whilst he's asleep.

Just maybe the owner has caught the switch and not realised it's on ?

I've been guilty of this a few times myself. ..

Phil.