Buccaneer Owners Club

Hi,

I my name is Alex Paterson and I have just been elected Chairman of the Buccaneer Owners Club.

We will be announcing very soon our exciting rally program for 2016 and beyond in our run up to our 50th anniversary in 2020.

If you own or are buying a Buccaneer caravan, please drop me a line.

If you have never been on a rally before, joining the club would be a great place to start. We run weekend to 10 day holiday rallies, at which you can join up at any time or leave at any time.

You will be met with a cup of tea and a welcoming smile. Spend time with like minded people enjoy the dinners or swapping stories over a drink or two in stunning settings around the country.

Our rallies range from a field, where solar panels would be useful to reduced rates on sites with electric hook ups with full facilities.

Please visit www. buccaneerownersclub. org. uk

I look forward to hearing from you and seek your views and opinions on future rallies and themed events.

Hello Alex and welcome to the forum

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Welcome to the BOC.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hello Alex and welcome to the forum

Hi Paul, thank you for the warm welcome.

Welcome to the BOC.

Thank you Graham.

Edited by BuccaneerChairman

Buccaneer arriving in Feb Alex. Costing me a bloody fortune and it is your fault!

We seasonally pitch at Petwood Caravan Park and the OH clocked the recent BOC meet there several weeks ago. I was on a loser from then on. Mind you, the Buccaneers are head turners, both the old and new! We are really very excited about our new aquisition.

Alistair

Welcome Alex.

A few threads on here talking about new Buccaneers.

Not many rallies in Scotland!

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

I have a schooner on order, add me to your contacts list. I rally a lot so hopefully next year meet some fellow buccaneer owners.

David

We used to belong to the Lunar owner's club, but gave up after a year due to pitches on rallies being reserved for friends etc and us ending up on a poor out of the way pitch although we were three long befroe the "friends". Plus most rallies being to the north of us. Hopefully the Buccaneer Owner's Club is different.

Buccaneer arriving in Feb Alex. Costing me a bloody fortune and it is your fault!

We seasonally pitch at Petwood Caravan Park and the OH clocked the recent BOC meet there several weeks ago. I was on a loser from then on. Mind you, the Buccaneers are head turners, both the old and new! We are really very excited about our new aquisition.

Alistair

Hi Alistair,

My dad and I have the same name so I use Alex, but it really is Alastair.

I think the Petwood Caravan Park is a great site, it is where we hold our AGM's.

We will be there next year, come over and introduce yourself and join in. As for the cost, your right al my fault.

Perhaps you might try a rally with us?

Look forward to meeting you.

Welcome Alex.

A few threads on here talking about new Buccaneers.

Not many rallies in Scotland!

Ian

Hi Ian,

One of the reasons we are looking for new members, is to be able to organise rallies all over the UK. Perhaps we could persuade you to take on that challenge.

Being a Scotsman myself, put me down for a place if you do.

Thank you for your reply. :D

I have a schooner on order, add me to your contacts list. I rally a lot so hopefully next year meet some fellow buccaneer owners.

David

Hi David,

I have a 2012 Buccaneer Clipper, so I am really jealous of you.

If you would like to join, please ring Mr David Goddard our membership secretary Tel 01484 605448.

I look forward to meeting and rallying with you.

Alex

post-32697-0-10877000-1445502801_thumb.jpeg

Three of us who rally regularly bought new cruisers this year.

Just coincidence that two of us were pitched beside each other.

Ian

attachicon.gifimage. jpeg

Ian

How come the one with the air con has the front roof light open. Doesn't the air con work any more? :D

attachicon.gifimage. jpeg

Ian

Good picture Ian

Not many about, but maybe going to be a few more shortly

We used to belong to the Lunar owner's club, but gave up after a year due to pitches on rallies being reserved for friends etc and us ending up on a poor out of the way pitch although we were three long befroe the "friends". Plus most rallies being to the north of us. Hopefully the Buccaneer Owner's Club is different.

Hi Delta Tlowner,

I can confirm that the Buccaneer Owners Club is totally unlike that. In fact we think of ourselves as a family. We do not have cliques or more important members.

Our Rally program is one area we wish to expand the locations and commence invitation rallies to other clubs. In order to do this we need ore rallying members and of course the Stalwarts. The backbone of the club Rallying Marshalls, we are blessed with fantastic Marshalls.

I hope I have answered your question and concern directly.

Regards

Alex

As a past member of over twenty years its nice to see the old club reaching out. B) Nos

Hi,

Thank you for your comment. While we are looking for new members, we never forget our long serving members and love to hear from past members. Just a couple of names you may remember, Billy, Greta and many more. Do pop in and say hello if ever we are near to you.

Regards

Alex

Hi Delta Tlowner,

I can confirm that the Buccaneer Owners Club is totally unlike that. In fact we think of ourselves as a family. We do not have cliques or more important members.

Our Rally program is one area we wish to expand the locations and commence invitation rallies to other clubs. In order to do this we need ore rallying members and of course the Stalwarts. The backbone of the club Rallying Marshalls, we are blessed with fantastic Marshalls.

I hope I have answered your question and concern directly.

Regards

Alex

Thanks. Wish we could help, but having burnt our fingers previously with another rally and ended up out of pocket, we are very wary. Do you have a breakdown of the number of owners in the various counties or regions? We have Pearman Briggs dealership near us so would imagine that there are a number of Buccaneer owners in the West Midlands / Gloucestershire area.

How come the one with the air con has the front roof light open. Doesn't the air con work any more? :D

On a rally with no EHU, solar panel works well.

Air con worked well when abroad this year, OH loved it.

Ian

Delta Tlowner, Iam sure Alex wouldn't mind, but yes at one time we did have a breakdown of where members lived it was published in the news letter, it showed what you would expect, most owners lived near the dealers so in Yorkshire and northern England you would find the largest concentration of owners. With the internet, If the data is available, over to you Alex. it may show people are buying further away from their homes. B) Nos

Hi,

Three Star is quite right with his breakdown of the membership, however we are actively looking to broaden the membership and make rallies more geographically wider.

We are considering holding an invitation rally to all Buccaneer Owners in 2016 at a site with full facilities, where we are negotiating a special reduced rate. This will be a 10 day holiday rally, however if like myself you work for a living, come along for the weekend.

On this rally at the weekend there will be a free dinner courtesy of the Buccaneer Club.

This will be an opportunity to experience the warm friendly atmosphere that is our trade mark.

As this is a commercial site, initially there will be a twenty van limit, however if there is enough interest we may be able to negotiate a few more places.

I really would appreciate your feed back on this proposal, which I will put before the committee.

Regards

Alex

On a rally with no EHU, solar panel works well.

Air con worked well when abroad this year, OH loved it.

Ian

Hi Ian,

What size of solar panels do you use and do you use two batteries?

I use three 90watt panels and two batteries, that I bought from Catterick Caravans.

Regards

Alex

Invitation Rally sounds a good idea,Alex. For us new Buccaneer owners to be.

Sounds interesting but a lot depends on when and where the rally is being held. Hopefully somewhere central for eveybody.

Hi Alex

I am using the standard 100 watt panel and the one battery that came with the van.

Had two 100 thin films on the last van but I think this one is more efficient although not been out in the winter yet, not done a survey of power use either. Last van water system took power all the time.

Had two batteries in my Vanmaster but they were wired in parallel probably should have rewired to be separate.

We would be interested in a rally especially if it lines up with one of our trips up and down the country as I expect it will be mid England and not mid Britain.

Ian

Hi,

Thank you for the replies. The area we are considering is around Scarborough in June of 2016.

When I have any more details I will post them.

We are also for 2017 proposing the first ever Buccaneer Owners invitation rally with all marques made by Elddis Group.

ie. Compass and Eddis. This would be at Sutton on the Forrest, near York.

Only at the concept stage, a rally with a Dinner under the wings of the mighty Vulcan Bomber at Doncaster, designed by Mr Roy Chadwick.

A themed invitation rally at East Kirby in Lincolnshire to see and hear the awe inspiring Lancaster Bomber "Just Jane". Also designed by Mr Roy Chadwick. I have been on a taxi ride in her, it is such an exhilarating yet humbling experience.

Looking at dates and events at East Kirby.

If you have any ideas for future events or comments, please let me know.

Regards

Alex

Hi,

Thank you for the replies. The area we are considering is around Scarborough in June of 2016.

Regards

Alex

Although Scarborough may be the centre of the Yorkshire universe, it is not very central for England. LOL! :D TBH I cannot see any reason to travel over 200 miles to visit Scarborough although York may be interesting. Even futher if travelling from the south like Cornwall, Dorset or other southern counties. Hopefully the rally will be late June as we are in France until then and I suspect many others may be due to lower pitch fees.

Surely the West Midlands is more central to every one? There are some nice sites around Coventry. Not far from us is Lickhill Manor in Stourport on Severn which has a large rally field with EHU and can accommodate over 100 caravans, but you need to book early.