Swift Major 6 Damp

I'm not sure if my first attempt made it. My son purchased a Swift new in 2013 and the second service showed a 45% damp to the front offside edge window. The dealer is dealing with the warranty. What level of action will swift authorise to resolve the problem? has anyone else suffered this problem and solution.

Swift had a problem with a lot of damp vans in 2011, this over ran to 2012 and still some in 2013. This is a well known problem and a quick search on line will highlight the facts. Your sons dealer will know how to deal with this and if they are not able to the van may go back to swift for repair.

Most vans come back fully repaired but a few including my last van had further ingress.

Just make sure he continues with the yearly servicing and all will be covered although it is upsetting and annoying.

You can join swift talk and do a search there. This will give you all the information you will need

Hope he gets the van sorted soon

Kev

I'm not sure if my first attempt made it. My son purchased a Swift new in 2013 and the second service showed a 45% damp to the front offside edge window. The dealer is dealing with the warranty. What level of action will swift authorise to resolve the problem? has anyone else suffered this problem and solution.

• Like 2

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Our 2013 has recently been back to factory and has been returned with new parts fitted other than the original damp problem. The van has been totally checked over and i have a list of all work done including modifications as on later vans, so basically it is now better than when we bought it new. Full marks to Swift.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

Thanks for the heads up caravantech. The dealer is not prepared to submit a claim to Swift until they carryout a test, so much for the mobile NCC service engineer's integrity. Glossop accepted a report for an NCC engineer for my van. My son must now make a 260 round trip, after which if the claim is accepted make another trip, then a further trip to collect the van. Only the caravan sector would do this to their customers. No local Swift dealers would take on the inspection or the work said they did not want the work, what a bunch of light weights.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up caravantech. The dealer is not prepared to submit a claim to Swift until they carryout a test, so much for the mobile NCC service engineer's integrity. Glossop accepted a report for an NCC engineer for my van. My son must now make a 260 round trip, after which if the claim is accepted make another trip, then a further trip to collect the van. Only the caravan sector would do this to their customers. No local Swift dealers would take on the inspection or the work said they did not want the work, what a bunch of light weights.

in the defence of the dealers that were unwilling to take on the work, knowing what Swift pay for such repairs, it generally doesn't cover the cost for the time involved, along with the fact it is then potentially affecting the turn around time for a customer repair who have purchased their caravan from their local dealer, who of course will always be the dealers main priority.

Though if it helps, if Glossop request a "back to factory" repair and that is the arrangement, there's nothing to say you have to tack it back to them, it can go to a local swift dealer to be collected by Swift (by arrangement of course) and usually Swift insist that the caravan is collected from their factory to show you what they have done to remedy the 'van.

Edited by Caravantech

Swift do not insist you collect from factory, they give you the choice if you so wish. We had ours collected and returned to our dealer with a letter to us stating all that had been done.

Swift do not insist you collect from factory, they give you the choice if you so wish. We had ours collected and returned to our dealer with a letter to us stating all that had been done.

sorry I didn't actually mean insist, should of said prefer!

• 2 months later...

We had this problem with our 2013 Swift also, it is in for repair under warranty as I write and has been for some time. 6 - 8 week wait for parts from Swift. We took in in for service in early November when the fault was found, and if we are lucky we will get it back the first week of March!! I wonder what other industry would deliver such appalling service, particularly when the fault should never have occurred in the first place!

Edited by hgardener

Ours went to the factory at a time to suit us as was back to our dealers within the month. If you ask for factory return the facilities are all there, not like waiting for dealer to get parts and then waiting for them to do it.