Sign in to follow this  
JCloughie

Dometic Flush!

I have a Dometic toilet in my 2015 Lunar Clubman. Never been happy with the power of the flush and I am aware that others have discussed this problem on CT.

I complained to my dealer, they have mentioned it to Dometic (just taking my word for it), and they are going to upgrade the pump from a 7 litre to a 20 litre.

I don't know if its litres per min or hour. But it is a big boost.

I had to provide the product and serial numbers off the inside of the compartment.

Just thought I would give a heads up.

John

John

Pity this wasn't last week - just had first service done (all OK by the way, with new push button catches fitted on front windows to stop them opening in transit).

However, I would appreciate update when fitted and tested.

Now all we need is to find out how to make the wheels free-er running.

Howard

• Like 1

John

Pity this wasn't last week - just had first service done (all OK by the way, with new push button catches fitted on front windows to stop them opening in transit).

However, I would appreciate update when fitted and tested.

Now all we need is to find out how to make the wheels free-er running.

Howard

Please expand "Make wheels free-er running".

John. ...........just don't press button when you are sitting on it!! :blink:

• Like 1

Please expand "Make wheels free-er running".

The wheels on the Dometic loo don't turn very freely and feel as though its being dragged through mud even when on tarmac.

The Thetford loos on the other hand wheel very easily.

Would a good spray with silicone not improve the situation?????

The wheels on the Dometic loo don't turn very freely and feel as though its being dragged through mud even when on tarmac.

The Thetford loos on the other hand wheel very easily.

I think both are a waste of time. Tend to carry mine. If I was not able I think I would use one of those fold up sack trucks.

John

Would a good spray with silicone not improve the situation?????

In a word - No!

I have a Dometic toilet in my 2015 Lunar Clubman. Never been happy with the power of the flush and I am aware that others have discussed this problem on CT.

I complained to my dealer, they have mentioned it to Dometic (just taking my word for it), and they are going to upgrade the pump from a 7 litre to a 20 litre.

I had to provide the product and serial numbers off the inside of the compartment.

John

Won't that cause the flush water to overspill?

Won't that cause the flush water to overspill?

The hope is that it will flush right round the bowl and not just the back half as it does now. You would have thought that Dometic might have tested these before selling.

John

We had our pump upgraded as the flush was more than useless. Now flushes all round the bowl. Carry ours to empty it. Don't wait until it is full otherwise too heavy. Tend to find it is difficult to hold and push the vent button when emptying.

Agree that flush pump should have been sorted at testing (did they?) stage. Also find toilet higher.

Peter

Edited by peterat49

The hope is that it will flush right round the bowl and not just the back half as it does now. You would have thought that Dometic might have tested these before selling.

John

Actually you would have thought that (1) The manufacturer, Dometic, would have tested it (2) the caravan manufacturer would have tested it prior to delivery (3) the dealership would have tested it prior to delivery to customer. Seems a number of people are falling down on quality checks!

• Like 1

Remember reading somewhere that if you add the pink stuff to the fresh water tank but add too much it can cause a similar problem .

I had to provide the product and serial

off the inside of the compartment.

John

Have you had the pump mod done yet?

Have you had the pump mod done yet?

No, It also needs to go in for a wardrobe door, been waiting from March, a main door lock barrel, a cupboard which needs fixing back to a wardrobe, tap swivel and fridge condensation fix.

Lunar are hopeless at supplying parts. Its like a couldn't care attitude. , the lock for example. When I found it wasn't secure and the wrong key would open it they tried to tell us that this was the norm as it contained plastic parts. I got in touch with the lock manufacturer who said rubbish, and that they were happy to replace it.

So, according to Lunar, a lock which can be opened with any key is acceptable.

Really glad I have had no major issues and that despite theses niggles we really like the van. I can tell that the dealer is also frustrated.

Don't want to take it in until they can do all the jobs.

John

Edited by JCloughie

John

Have you had that flush sorted yet?

John

Have you had that flush sorted yet?

It's been done today as it happens. Pick the van up tomorrow and will give it a test. I will report back

John.

Actually you would have thought that (1) The manufacturer, Dometic, would have tested it (2) the caravan manufacturer would have tested it prior to delivery (3) the dealership would have tested it prior to delivery to customer. Seems a number of people are falling down on quality checks!

Yeah, the number of people who just sit on their backsides and. .....

Got the van back today and tested the loo. Big difference. Flush gets right around the bowel. I don't think it will use more water as it does not need to be on as long, might even use less water. Well worth it upgrade. But it won't happen if you don't ask.

John

Got the van back today and tested the loo. Big difference. Flush gets right around the bowel. I don't think it will use more water as it does not need to be on as long, might even use less water. Well worth it upgrade. But it won't happen if you don't ask.

John

Brilliant typo John! :)

Edited by SamD

Brilliant type John! :)

I would just love to say that was deliberate. But if it gives people a smile I'm happy. It also just goes to show how powerful the new pump it.

I could still edit the mistake but don't think I will.

John

• Like 1

John

Obviously flushed with success!

• Like 1

Update.

Since the pump was upgraded the van has been in storage, we only got to use it last week. I can say that the more powerful pump is a great improvement. It doesn't use more water as it only needs to be on for a short time in order to flush right round the bowl.

If yours is eligible suggest you get it done.

John

My 2015 Si is one of the earlier ones - we collected it in October 2014.

Dometic agent been out to it and says pump doesn't need changing.

I don't agree, but getting nowhere.

Same with the fridge - things in the freezer up against the door defrost.

Engineer just points his temperature probe inside and says its OK.

Not at all impressed with Dometic.

John, Our 2013 Clubman is now out of warranty but I would like to get the pump changed, do you know the model number of your new pump please.

Richard