Sign in to follow this  
gooney1971

Ssangyoung Korando 2.0 Td

Looking this weekend for a new tow car, going to look at the Ssangyoung. Reviews all look good on this car, just a bit worried if things start to go wrong are the parts expensive? Many thanks 😊

• Like 1

Looking this weekend for a new tow car, going to look at the Ssangyoung. Reviews all look good on this car, just a bit worried if things start to go wrong are the parts expensive? Many thanks [/quot

It has a long warranty so it should be inexpensive during the warranty period. I saw these at the Hull caravan show the other week and they looked good with a comfortable interior. Also Ssanyong have been going for a few years now without a lot of adverse comments. I suppose it depends on how long you intend to keep the car and also the depreciation in that time in comparison to more mainstream motors.

Edited by pagan8c

I drive and tow with the new, (slightly larger) Rexton which uses the same 2. 0litre engine as the Korando. It was bought new in October 2014 and has towed and been driven over Southern Britain with no problems. It came with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty which seems to cover most things (apart from clutch and brakes). It also came with a free tow bar and 13 pin electrics, (dependant on Caravan Club membership, I think the offer is now ended). It also came with 3 years servicing, first service due next month. The Rexton has a 3 tonne towing limit, so there aren't many caravans it won't pull.

I'm very happy with the Rexton, and I've heard similar reports from Korando owners.

Hope this helps, Mike.

P. S. There's a review of the Korando, (and the Rexton) on the Towcar Reviews section of this forum.

M.

Edited by Townie

Hi gooney,

We had a 2. 0 LE two wheel drive Korando for 3 years from new and it never had a problem. It towed our 1450Kg van easily and without fuss. We got up tp 28 mpg when towing. We only changed it because we now use Cl's and need 4 wheel drive so got a Rexton Auto which has rear wheel drive and selectable high/low ratio 4 wheel drive Again we are very happy with it.

Thanks for all your replies guys, going to try one out tomorrow morning 2012 plate 33,000 on the clock. It's up for £9,995, thought it was a good price. Garage not private, seen the reviews on youtube all good. Will keep you posted 😊

http://www. newmarketmotorcompany. co. uk/ssangyong-korando-td-s-5dr-in-newmarket-suffolk-4926496 this one, and it's 4wd

That's interesting,I thought the S was 2wd and the SX 4wd. Looks good though.

• Like 1

Looking this weekend for a new tow car, going to look at the Ssangyoung. Reviews all look good on this car

What reviews are you reading?!

Most reviews I have ever read aren't too kind

Although the advertisement says that it is four wheel drive in the description the "Tech Info" tab shows it a front wheel drive only.
So it does, front wheel drive. ..... thanks for that 😉

4wd seems to add about 1k to used prices.

What reviews are you reading?!

Most reviews I have ever read aren't too kind

Strange - It was the Caravan Club towcar of the year for its class in 2014 and most reviews I've read have been favourable. Comes with a 5 year warranty too.

Im just waiting to win the one from the caravan club lol 😁

I watched the review on youtube, gave it lots of praise. .... £180 a year tax isn't too bad either, paying £170 for my Nissan a year. Lots of gadgets inside too, satnav, heated seats, cruise, Bluetooth, etc. ...

+1

Strange - It was the Caravan Club towcar of the year for its class in 2014 and most reviews I've read have been favourable. Comes with a 5 year warranty too.

Most reports have been favourable. ...............I know half a dozen owners of Korandos all used for towing. ..all happy bunnies.

I must admit I am biased towards SSY products as my Rexton is now on 133,000. ..spares have not been a problem even for an old 'un like mine,

geoff

We brought the Korando LE in black in June

It's only got 3k on the clock so not loosened up yet I averaged 20mpg towing the Adria which others report poor mpg towing Adria and 40 all the other time.

Can't fault the car so far. I think the negative reviews are somewhat brand related. It's well equipped and does everything I need it to.

Very pleased so far.

Edited by Jiffy176

It was sold when I got there, wished they took it of there website. Or better still, I should of rang. ....