Sign in to follow this  
Wilsonisme

2015 / 2016 Caravan Shows

Hi

Does anyone have a list or can reference a list of caravan shows coming up for the rest of this year and into spring please? We are looking to buy a new van having been out of caravanning for 13 years and would like to see a selection of new model vans before committing. We live in Lincoln but can travel.

Thanks!

The show at the NEC is early October, I'd recommend going to that. Alternatively just google Caravan shows & the dates and venues will come up.

Personally, I would prefer going to a few dealers. You can see the vans without having half a dozen people in the van at the same time

• Like 1

We brought ours whilst at the NEC in February, it was great to compare the different makes and models under one roof, get there early and on a week day if possible to avoid the crowds.

Hi

Does anyone have a list or can reference a list of caravan shows coming up for the rest of this year and into spring please?

5 - 6 Sept 15 - The Lawns Show - Cottingham (Hull)

11 - 13 Sept 15 - Motorhome and RV Show - Shepton Mallet

25 - 27 Sept 15 - The Motorhome Show - Lincoln Showground

13 - 18 Oct 15 - The Motorhome and Caravan Show - Birmingham NEC

21 - 24 Jan - Manchester City Event - Manchester

4 - 7 Feb 16 - Caravan Show Scotland (SECC) - Glasgow

23 - 28 Feb 16 - Camping, Caravan & Motorhome Show - Birmingham NEC

The NEC is the biggest and best but it can be a bit overwhelming as to the sheer volume of products available. A caravan is a major purchase, however, and sitting in different vans is the only way to really discover whet you want and not to make a mistake. You should really allow a very full day, maybe two, if possible to do the show and follow it up with a visit to the Dealer of your choice to reinforce your decision before purchasing. You will see many people at the show doing deals but for me it;s too busy for that sort of thing. Beat do something with a local Dealer if possible- makes warranty work so much easier

with regard to the Lawns one I went online and got free family ticket from the 'Wandahome' website. It is also free parking so a cheap day out . No Bailey shown at this show but Swift,Coachman, Elddis and Lunar. I am going to have a look myself as I live in Lincoln too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone, really helpful.

I see there is a show at the Newark Showground on Saturday and Sunday this week too. Spoilt for choice! I think we may try both that and the Hull one.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone, really helpful.

I see there is a show at the Newark Showground on Saturday and Sunday this week too. Spoilt for choice! I think we may try both that and the Hull one.

Both of these are outdoor events, so while you can see outfits in their natural environment, be prepared for wet weather.

Gordon.

Sign in to follow this