Pros And Cons Caravan Or Motorhome

nosnibora

V70 plus Rimini = 12m

Pick up plus 5th Wheeler 11. 7m

Just about a foot in it.

New fifth wheeler plus new pickup circa £75K

A new EU type approved quad slide 5th wheel at 26 ft the same size as most Twin Axle gives far more space and at £36 k is only a few thousand over the price of a new caravan . On outfit lengths the 5th wheel is about 1. 5 m shorter than a caravan and tow vehicle of the same lengths .

QUAD_15.jpg

QUAD_20.jpg

http://www. calderleisure. co. uk/cgi-bin/details. pl?v_vin=QUAD

Lot more for your money ?

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave
  • Like 2

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Different philosophy Dave. I want to caravan, I don't want big space. I married a lady of 5ft 2ins and still believe small is beautiful.

• Like 2

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

My wife is 5 foot 8 inches tall and requires almost all the space in our seven seater for her clothes and shoes.

Whoops forgot handbags.

We have just taken the plunge into choosing a Motorhome instead of our Caravan - we've been caravanning for about 17 years off and on and while this has been fine for us so far we've come to the conclusion that although we do like to stay for a week on the same site sometimes, we've also been out and about and noticed other sites nearer different beaches/attractions that we would have loved to move to but after setting up the awning/water/getting level/pulling out all the usual comforts etc we feel less likely to want to move again.

Last trip out to Glastonbury (Old Oaks camping and caravan park - adults only, brilliant site) we would have loved to stay there a couple of nights then move down to Bude or up to Cheddar to see a little more of each rather than just take a day out. We also think the added option of being able to spin your chair around, unclip the dog so he can stretch his legs and get the kettle on while it's raining instead of having to don the waterproofs to at least un-hitch the van and get the car out of the way is well worth the change.

Maybe it won't be our forever change and we may go back to the caravan, but my hubby seems to be a nomad in disguise and he can't wait to have the MH instead - his idea of driving to the seafront at Rhos on sea and sitting at the table eating fish and chips with an amazing view while the dog can walk around and have a drink seems too appealing. ..

We chose a 6ft, low profile, 3500kg Motor Home so it will be nice and easy to get most places and we won't be taking over car parks etc if we decide to pitch up there for the day. .

As has been said - it's all to do with the type of holidays and breaks you intend to have, we've done the weeks in one place for long enough. . time to try something different :D I don't think you can make a bad choice though. . MH or Caravan - both are just brilliant! :wub:

Mand

• Like 3

You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. .

2013 Swift Celebration 584 with a fridge full of beer, tugged along happily by a Audi A6 3. 0 bi-turbo quattro s-line containing my bonkers Springer Spaniel and long suffering but ever so lovely Hubby. .

The route and itinerary we have just followed would have been impossible with a caravan - breath taking, quite literally at 3000m up mountain passes.

It could be said you would pitch the caravan on site and take the car over the pass, but then would likely have to return the same way.

We have knocked up a selection of mountain passes this trip, including one, (will blog and add pics later) where shunts were required on the hairpin bends!

The trip we are on at present is estimated at 3500 miles with about 15 different night stops - many of which have been free so far at official camper stops - motorhomes only - and two had hook up and showers etc

Russ

• Like 1

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.