Sign in to follow this  
Turts

Which Club Should We Join

We're members of the C & C. C. which we are happy with . ...

We did join the C. C. for a couple of years before switching . ....

Pete

Like others we are CC members just for the recovery service and the CL network (5 van, members only sites).

We occasionally use the club sites, usually the Rosedale one.

Turts

Might I suggest that you find a CC or C&CC site which open to non members, near to your home, albeit at an increase site fees, and spend a couple of nights at each of them to experience what the respective clubs have to offer.

The nearest CC site open to non members is at Great Malvern where there is also an adjacent C&CC site.

DeeTee

• Like 3

Turts

Might I suggest that you find a CC or C&CC site which open to non members, near to your home, albeit at an increase site fees, and spend a couple of nights at each of them to experience what the respective clubs have to offer.

The nearest CC site open to non members is at Great Malvern where there is also an adjacent C&CC site.

DeeTee

:goodpost: We have stayed at the Great Malvern CC site (although my dad visited and was waiting at the C&CC club entrance as they really are opposite each other) I think DeeTee suggesting a "try before you buy" is a great idea. . We have tried both but stick with CC as we like the website for searching, the CL's and not having to put a deposit down when we are looking as sometimes we have to change plans and adjust days due to Hubby being self employed. . Must admit the rows of van's does lack a bit of privacy and each site we have stayed at has the wardens doing a great job of emptying bins and keeping an eye on things - the fact they do it on a Quad bike at 7 in the morning and leave the engine running is something else. . :angry: Always lovely clean sites though. .

Good luck, I don't think you can choose a "bad" one - it's all based on your own wants and needs :D

Mand

Like others we are CC members just for the recovery service and the CL network (5 van, members only sites).

We occasionally use the club sites, usually the Rosedale one.

May give Rosedale a try for my first outing very shortly, we did stop in our sisters van at the Blackbull site at Pickering, that was a tester for us and we enjoyed it

Been C&CC for 30 years+. Mainly for weekend rallies (DA meets) and THS ( holiday meets).

Joined the CC this year for cheaper ferry prices, saved over £200 pounds on ferry so membership cost covered. When we finish foreign touring will revert back to C&CC only.

Been C&CC for 30 years+. Mainly for weekend rallies (DA meets) and THS ( holiday meets).

Joined the CC this year for cheaper ferry prices, saved over £200 pounds on ferry so membership cost covered. When we finish foreign touring will revert back to C&CC only.

Not really, you could have got the same ferry price from Alan Rogers, you may even have lost out depending on the ferry route chosen :)

We are members of both because the C & CC have one or two sites in areas where the CC don`t.

We much prefer the facilities at CC sites but find some of their sites a bit regimented in layout. We use CC sites a lot.

We don`t find overall the C & CC any more friendly than the CC.

Some of the facilities at C & CC sites are badly in need of renovation and can sometimes have grass cuttings and mud on the floor. I have to say that I believe this is as a result of some of the campers (certainly not all) who seem to have less regard for wiping their feet at the door than most caravanners !

I don`t have any real preference for finding your own pitch or being shown to one but I must say it is nice to be offered assistance at C & CC sites to pitch the van even if we usually decline it.

Bob

I don`t have any real preference for finding your own pitch or being shown to one but I must say it is nice to be offered assistance at C & CC sites to pitch the van even if we usually decline it.

Bob

We were the opposite. Hubby has been towing for over thirty years and could park on a sixpence but went completely to pieces when the warden stood there telling him 'left hand down a bit' etc. He didn't ask if we needed help and just treated hubby as a complete novice.

CC member for 3rd year, initially joined as friends were members but now use their insurance and breakdown.

Yes CC sites are quite strict with how and where you pitch, I've been to two ccc sites where it appears you could pitch wherever you wanted and both were just an open field with a facilities block.

I may be wrong but this is how it appeared, we looked as were considering joining but the fact that it looked a bit like a free for all put us off.

Can't comment on facilities but have always found CC to be very good.

I am stuck to school holidays and odd weekends but as some have said if there are just 2 of you off peak you might get some good deals on private sites.

Have a look at the ASCI card there are some good deals on a few UK sites as well as European.

Same as above, we joined both then dropped the c&cc as we preferred the cls. personal choice I reckon.

We were the opposite. Hubby has been towing for over thirty years and could park on a sixpence but went completely to pieces when the warden stood there telling him 'left hand down a bit' etc. He didn't ask if we needed help and just treated hubby as a complete novice.

I'm the same. I'd rather do it on my own. I know I can and if I make a mess I'll do that on my own !!

• Like 1

Having a warden shouting left hand down/ right hand down would be my worst nightmare!

No. I will try and get it right, and if i fail i will unhitch and use the mover to get the correct spot!

Not once have i had any issue with the caravan club in that respect.

Edited by Din_

Personally would bother with either. Tried both and found we prefer the private sites better. Had the left hand down embarasment myself which put me off the ccc straight away. And had the Hitler style wardens at the cc making me park within 1mm of the little white stick.

So many nice private site out there for us so we can use the membership fees we've save to fund another week away