Sign in to follow this  
biteme

Disposable Bbq Holder Thingy...

Hi all,

We are lovers of Charcoal BBQ's but have a massive one at the house already so don't want to double up and definitely can't fit our home BBQ into the 'van. .

We have used the disposable BBQ's before which are ideal for the 2 of us for a couple of burgers, sausages and a bit of chicken but finding something half decent to put them in so you are not cooking off bricks or the legs that come with some of them (give about 2 inches ground clearance) seems to be impossible. .

Has anyone found anything that is high enough to use while standing or anything else that does the job? Something not massive as we are a bit tight on storage room (not weight though. .)

Thanks for any help anyone can give :)

Mand

Like a disposable bbq stand you mean :)

http://www. amazon. co. uk/dp/B010T7ZOU4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B0018CKMQQ&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=05N5P6BPRABN8BJN6F7V

OK sorry while standing you asked - put it on a table?!

Edited by sunshinetours

Just stick it on an ironing board! :o

hehe - thanks for that Sunshinetours :D I had seen something similar but wasn't sure if the legs being so short would scorch the table somehow - with ithe hope to use it when we go out with a brand new table I didn't want to risk it. .

And Timster. . I don't know what goes on in your caravan but absolutely no ironing of any kind happens in mine :D I'll keep using the lack of storage space as the main reason. . :ph34r:

Just get some heat resistant mat or cloth or foil or use a chopping board maybe and place it on your table and no problem

• Like 1

hi,

i have a nice folding one for camping

We have one of these from B&Q, it has removable legs, the lid cips on to provide a wind shield and the standard size disposables fit neatly into the top without dropping down into the base.

Image 246.png

• Like 1

We have a folding wire stand that will take up to the large, party sized grills. I think it came from Wilkos.

Hello,

I had great sucess last weekend with this disposable bbq stand and windshield. I bought it from Amazon, it was call BBQ Snug

Happy Days

55 minutes ago, Seetheworld said:

Hello,

I had great sucess last weekend with this disposable bbq stand and windshield. I bought it from Amazon, it was call BBQ Snug

Happy Days

The thread is nearly 4 years old so unlikely the OP will see it, but welcome anyway.  ;)

Edited by Durbanite