Sign in to follow this  
staffordshirechina

This Is A First!

We are on a site in the Dordogne, France today.
I has been raining so we have been around the van.
Earlier I saw wife of French caravanner emptying the bog.
He was standing around posing while she did the deed.
First she put on surgical gloves, then took the offending cassette to the block sanitaires.
She returned, popped in a tablet of some kind and completed the operation.

I have never, ever seen it done with gloves before!!

Or, as it happens, by the wife instead of the husband.
Surely, emptying the bog is a man thing?
My wife says so. ........

• Like 1

I have to ask: Why watch and why does it matter?

I really couldn't care less how people empty their cassette, gloves or not, as long as it is not on my pitch. As for who does it, why should it be a male preserve?

Plenty of people empty the loo container wearing gloves!

• Like 2

But not many people marry caravans. ..

Our neighbours this morning had a special bucket and brush for cleaning awning pegs. Neat! If I ever bother putting the awning up. ... She had marigolds too, but some folk do have sensitive skin of nice nails to look after

I always empty ours because Hubby doesn't like doing it.

I sometimes wear latex/vinyl gloves if I remember.

We also use the Elsan 'tea bags'.

What's the problem . ........ ?

Edited by Shirl250

Gloves or not, flip flops or shoes, man or woman who cares a jot. up to each and every one who does what tasks.

• Like 1

Hubby and I take in turns to empty the loo and we use dometic tabs instead of blue liquid ;)

I always use disposable gloves when empting the loo, why do I want to risk getting any of it on my hands when there are means to protect them. It's a horrible job but has to be done.

I wonder if people who hate emptying the toilet cassette are the same people who hate to carry a dog poo bag. They pick up the poo and then leave the bag on the ground, or even worse hang it in a bush. It then stays around for weeks. Almost better to not pick up inthe first place as natural degradation gets rid in a couple of days.

• Like 2

I have to ask: Why watch and why does it matter?

I really couldn't care less how people empty their cassette, gloves or not, as long as it is not on my pitch. As for who does it, why should it be a male preserve?

Just that it was raining and I was bored, a light hearted comment, that's all. .....

• Like 8

I wonder if people who hate emptying the toilet cassette are the same people who hate to carry a dog poo bag. They pick up the poo and then leave the bag on the ground, or even worse hang it in a bush. It then stays around for weeks. Almost better to not pick up inthe first place as natural degradation gets rid in a couple of days.

Is this not WAY off the subject of this thread. If you want to talk about dog poo then start another thread IMHO

Alan

Some people wear gloves to wash their car, (honest, I've seen them). Their hands, their choice. I don't use gloves to empty the cassette because I'd probably leave them there. I just wash my hands after I've finished.

Mike.

• Like 2

Definitely a mans job, sorry but no excuse (apart from medical) to make your wife do it IMO. Benevolent Sexism some might say.

Never heard of the "teabag" things before now, they look a lot less messing around than the fluid will get some on order.

• Like 1

Wife has emptied our cassette on many occasion as it is usually she beats me to it also fetching water. We have no set jobs .

Dave

My hubby does it and he absolutely hates it - he was one of those no poopy nappies with kids guys too, after he made more mess than he was cleaning up I was glad to keep it that way. . I wouldn't mind doing it but (like the bins. .) he says it's a blokes job so I'm more than happy to run round with the brush while he does that job! :D

We tend to sit and watch the world go by when it's raining and we can't do much else, we do have a light hearted chuckle when you get to see the habits and methods of others who enjoy the same past times as we do too - no offence to anyone just as OP intended. . it does take all sorts after all and i'm sure we must give others cause to chuckle at our methods too. . especially the look on hubbys face as the wheeled toilet cassette literally chases him to the Elsan point - I join in with them on that one but make sure he gets a nice beer for when he gets back. . after he's washed his hands of course ;)

Mand

• Like 3

Is this not WAY off the subject of this thread. If you want to talk about dog poo then start another thread IMHO

Alan

Sorry pedantic Alan, seemed to me the subject was poo,(in all it's forms). :)

• Like 2

While we're not on the original subject :), I think a lot longer than that, unfortunately! :(

Just that it was raining and I was bored, a light hearted comment, that's all. .....

That's one thing I dislike about CC sites. It always feels as if someone is watching from behind a curtain and tutting if you do something different to themselves.

Sorry pedantic Alan, seemed to me the subject was poo,(in all it's forms). :)

I have read the OP again and It seems to me that the subject is emptying the toilet cassette, no mention of poo or dogs.

Alan

I have read the OP again and It seems to me that the subject is emptying the toilet cassette, no mention of poo or dogs.

Alan

What do you think comes out of the thing? Or does one only widdle in theirs?
  • Like 2

What do you think comes out of the thing? Or does one only widdle in theirs?

Sorry I must have miss read the OP - I will read it again. You ask 'what do you think comes out of the thing' From our cassette comes fluid because we use a chemical to degrade the contents. May be you don't use a chemical in which case I understand your statement.

Alan

Alan

Ah, but if we could get the pets to use a cassette loo, that would overcome both problems at the same time.

Sorry, jut couldn't resist it :blush:

Goforitt

Alan

There doesn't need to be a direct reference to dogs as the anti dog brigade on this forum will take any opportunity to bash dog owners they can, well so it seems from most threads on here.

I don't mind people watching me, I'm pretty sure I've given them a good laugh once or twice. It's that horrible feeling when you do something silly knowing full well most of the site is watching!!!

People watching is my favourite pastime lol.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this