Sign in to follow this  
Tippc21

Crusader Tempest Eb 2014 Front Window Falling Out

Hi all, we have just had our whole front window section on our 15 month old crusader tempest fall out when all the front windows were open on holiday.

Has anyone else had this happen and and advice would be helpful in terms of fixing and support from Elddis.

Thanks

Tippc

• Like 1

No advice on work other than dealer needs a phone call first.

geoff

• Like 1

I recall someone on here with same problem while in France I think - might be worth searching posts and send them a pm

Thanks both I am contacting the dealer today. Can't find the other thread anywhere on here unfortunately.

Thanks

Tippc

This might help the previous thread, in Ellddis section under quality

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Sorry to hijack. Currently in Biarritz in our replacement Tempest EB as the first one basically dropped to bits. Had the front windows open and they have just come away from the caravan! Unbelievable

Like This

MultiQuote

Edited by simon645

Hi all, we have just had our whole front window section on our 15 month old crusader tempest fall out when all the front windows were open on holiday.

Has anyone else had this happen and and advice would be helpful in terms of fixing and support from Elddis.

Thanks

Tippc

Hi

This happened to our Storm while away in August last year, van was only 3 months old. According to our dealer the must have been contaminants on the adhesive when the windows were being put on. He said the adhesive used is the same as that used in the aero industry for affixing plane wings! It's supposed to be done in a sterile environment. The dealer took all the front windows off and applied new adhesive. They've been fine ever since.

We took our van in for a service to a company who don't sell any vans. As we are thinking about replacing our Elddis and believing them to be unbiased, we asked for recommendations. They told us that they had recently repaired quite a few Elddis vans with the same problem i. e. windows falling out.