Dorset In 2 Weeks, Places To Visit?

We're off to Dorset in 2 weeks time, We have two boys aged 9 and 4 any ideas of places to go things to do??

Thanks

08 Vectra Sri 1. 9 Cdti (150bhp) + '06 Bailey Pageant Bretagne

If you want a really weird place, Try visiting Poundbury, It's Prince Charles Idea of an Ideal village but somehow doesn't seem to work

• Like 1

2003 Focus 1. 6 petrol pulling 'big Jim', a 1993 swift minuette diamond

Two starters for considerationn: how about The Tank Museum at Bovington and Monkey World nearby

• Like 2

Volvo V70/Lunar Clubman 475/2 CKW

If you want a really weird place, Try visiting Poundbury, It's Prince Charles Idea of an Ideal village but somehow doesn't seem to work

Not great for a 9 and 4 year old!!!

Where are you staying in Dorset. Bournemouth and Poole have numerous attractions that I am sure the Site will have details on.

• Like 1

We're staying near Lyme Regis,

Love Bournmouth and Poole but normaly go there when we stay in the New Forest :-)

We've driven past that place a few timesand thought it looked odd, Never been into the village, Didnt know about the Prince Charles link!!

08 Vectra Sri 1. 9 Cdti (150bhp) + '06 Bailey Pageant Bretagne

We're staying near Lyme Regis,

Love Bournmouth and Poole but normaly go there when we stay in the New Forest :-)

We've driven past that place a few timesand thought it looked odd, Never been into the village, Didnt know about the Prince Charles link!!

They Even have a website. http://poundbury. org. uk/

Monkey World should be high on your list. Plus the Donkey Sanctuary?

• Like 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

A visit to Moores biscuit shop in Morecombelake, its on the way to Bridport - be on your RHS, blink & you'll miss it ;)

Also fossil hunting at Lyme, Charmouth and Seatown, again this beach is on the road to Bridport, RHS turn off the main road, again blink. ....

Durdle Door and Lulworth Cove is nice, altho dont know if the kiddies would agree.

There is Crealys park in Devon, prob about hr drive heading to Exeter

• Like 2
  • Like 1

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Our home is at Axminster so try Donkey Sanctory it's free & good Axminster market is Thursday, Bridport market is very good with enterament Wedsneday & Saturday, Beer is nice it has caves & a railway. Try you tourist office at Lyme Regis.

• Like 1

forgot to say there is a caravan site Just behind Monkey World, I forget the name of it now. Tank museum is a couple of miles away

• Like 1

If the sea isn't rough a boat trip (not the cruise) from Swanage to Poole and back is a good crack. I think it gives you 3 hours in Poole before the return.

• Like 1

Land Rover having a rest.

Dont think anyone has mentioned Swanage Railway . http://www. swanagerailway. co. uk/

Moors valley is a good day out with the kids as loads to do . http://www. moors-valley. co. uk/

Just seen Wunny mentioned it .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave
  • Like 1

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Weymouth beach. We were there a few weeks back and there was aqua zumba, volley ball, kids games and other stuff going on. No idea whether it was a private club or anything, but we joined the aqua zumba in the sea. All ages there from about 2 to 92.

Also the "lift thing" on the pier that takes you 165 feet up - see here.

Russ

• Like 1

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Also the "lift thing" on the pier that takes you 165 feet up - see here.

Russ

we went up on this last year when we spent a week down there in the 'van

brilliant but a little pricey if I recall (or am I turning into a grumpy old miser? :rolleyes: )

• Like 1

2004 Land Rover Discovery & 2011 Bailey Pegasus Bologna

I think there are a number of people on here who are not familiar with the geography of Dorset. Bournemouth, Poole and Swanage are at one end and next to Hampshire whereas Lyme Regis is the other end and almost in Devon. They are between one and a half and two hours driving away. Remember we have no motorways and not many dual carriageways. Then there's the tractors.

• Like 4

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

A trip on the X53 "Jurassic Coaster" bus.

Yes, the tower thing is a bit pricey.

Russ

• Like 1

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Nothe Fort, Weymouth. Fantastic for all ages, spot something new every time we visit. The younger ones can play the game of 'count the mice'. They have stuffed mice hidden everywhere they have to look for, and receive a certificate at the end.

Phil.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

We're off to Dorset in 2 weeks time, We have two boys aged 9 and 4 any ideas of places to go things to do?? We're staying near Lyme Regis,

I guess I'm too late. You will have gone by now but I've just returned from a stay in Charmouth. I've written about our visits in my blog. You can read it here:- https://jondogoescaravanning. wordpress. com/a-visit-to-dorsetdevon-august-2015/

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com