Why So Many "motor Movers"

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's great to know you have full health - but not even you could park your caravan at my house using the car - when I was young, healthy and fit I used to be able to push our then 850kg caravan into p

I was going to reply giving various reasons for a mover but decided not to go ahead. It must be wonderful to be perfect.

"Poe's law is an Internet adage which states that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, parodies of extreme views will, to some readers, be indistinguishable from sincere expressions of t

Posted Images

If you don't want a mover, don't get one, but don't criticise others for having them.

I have a question, is it better to have a pneumatic tyre on the jockey or not?

Ray.

Yes

• Like 1

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Why do we seem to have so many people fitting motor movers on their vans,? I have just gone through two topics, one about mis-haps with them and another one about lack of reversing skills, are they linked?, are we too lazy to learn how to reverse correctly, and just take the easy way out. Does anyone who has one, think about the extra weight of these things, it takes two people to lift one, Iam sure someone will have the weight for us, the payload on a lot of vans is not great, anyone put theirs on a weighbridge?. I have towed for forty years all over Europe also worked as an towing instructor, and worked moving caravans nationwide about, 40000 miles per year, I can honestly say that I have never found myself in the situation of needing a motor mover, I think they are an expensive gimmick and a waste of time, if you cannot reverse a caravan then you should not be towing one. Tin helmet on, await incoming. Nos

I will upload a video showing how I get my van on the drive next week and all will become clear. ..

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Wonder how life is under a bridge?

Please explain.

It was my own personal opinion on MM, which I believe Iam allowed to do under forum rules. I thought this was a adult forum for like minded grown ups, I don't resort to childish comments, but the schools are out so that could explain a few things :D . From the information on the news I don't think many of you will be going anywhere this summer I think Britain is full :ph34r: I think we have flogged this one to death so as far as I am concerned the end B) Despite what you may think of me you don't know me at all, I will continue to use this forum and assist members old and new with any problem they may have, provided I know what I am talking about, because this forum as others has its fair share of mittys. Safe towing and if coming back from France be careful around Calais. Nos

A throwaway comment poking a little jest.

Enjoy your summer Nos.

Did you really mean "Halo" :rolleyes: ;)

Damoleeds. I live in France how can I not enjoy my summer! Drive carefully, happy caravanning Nos

• Like 1

Please explain.

It was my own personal opinion on MM, which I believe Iam allowed to do under forum rules. I thought this was a adult forum for like minded grown ups, I don't resort to childish comments, but the schools are out so that could explain a few things :D . From the information on the news I don't think many of you will be going anywhere this summer I think Britain is full :ph34r: I think we have flogged this one to death so as far as I am concerned the end B) Despite what you may think of me you don't know me at all, I will continue to use this forum and assist members old and new with any problem they may have, provided I know what I am talking about, because this forum as others has its fair share of mittys. Safe towing and if coming back from France be careful around Calais. Nos

I was tempted to say that in the light of your penultimate sentence you may not be posting very much but then I decided that would be childish so I didn't.
  • Like 3

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a total noob when it comes to towing a van, I've been driving for 30 years and would class myself as a competent driver, but towing a van has been a total new experience for me, going forwards is not a problem but reversing it is a different story, our van came with a motor mover, I didn't even know such a thing existed but I'm glad I discovered them.

We have been away this weekend and it would have been too difficult to reverse in to, motor mover made it easy, even people on both sides of us couldn't reverse in, not enough room, they unhitched and had to manually move it in, looked a lot of hard work.

I go away to relax not to cause myself hernia or look an idiot trying to get the van parked up.

if you don't want to use them then that's fine but no need to put someone down because they choose to, technology is there to be used and made life easier, might as well not bother with cruise control, parking sensors etc etc they just get in the way ;(