Sandbanks Chain Ferry

A glitch there. been on that ferry loads of times, never seen a caravan. Looking on their website, almost every thing else,

m/bikes,cars, light commercials, campervans etc. check first! It does get quite busy and narrow in places (Swanage )side,so beware. I think it is 14 miles by road, and not a bad run apart from the hill in Corfe Castle

Nothing in the prices either for caravans !

I've been on it loads over the years, from what I remember it's steep down ramp then steep up ramp onto ferry, does this cause issues?

Don't recalls signs saying no caravans tho

Nothing in the prices either for caravans !

I've been on it loads over the years, from what I remember it's steep down ramp then steep up ramp onto ferry, does this cause issues?

Don't recalls signs saying no caravans tho

Vehicles not specified above will be charged at the rate applicable for the nearest similar vehicle.

Vehicles towing will be charged double the normal toll.

Although it would be wise to call them for advice ref the suitability of the approach and departure ramp angles http://www. sandbanksferry. co. uk/contact. php

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

My knowledge is "no tag axle coaches" and that is all. Drop the operator an email.

See here to see the coach that got stuck

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I think I would drive round and forget the ferry looking at those departure angles .

I must admit I have been on it a number of times and not noticed any caravans.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

You can have a long wait to get on on either side.

I regularly take an artic to Swanage and would use the road personally.

Has the revolution finally begun?

Only certain buses can use it without grounding and they use their air suspension.

I would be very doubtful and has been pointed out a coach got stuck recently

It would be quicker to go via Wareham

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

One of my friends drives it and I have driven it. .. Very big let down, it's just a small metal joystick :( Yes, you should be fine but may have grounding issues if your car is low.

Given the roads at the Swanage side I think I would rive round if I where you. ..

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi