Sign in to follow this  
love my van

Lunar Clubman Se 2015 Are They Any Good?

Hi

We are thinking of buying a Clubman SE and are wondering what people think of this van as can't find many reviews.

Thanks in Advance

Denise

We have the 2015 Clubman Si.

Love the van, but as with any van there are little niggles, mostly things that would not be a problem if they were only designed by people who use them.

Nothing insurmountable though.

Just taken our SB to Sandringham for the first time weather brill, few niggles but nothing major, had to fix the toilet flush Dometic not centred the plastic correctly care fully lifted the plastic repositioned the push directly over the button, works perfectly now informed the dealer who will check it again. Microwave eco button doesn't work, new that before we went dealer ordering a replacement. All in all superb van, just like my old 2010 se but of course like all caravans time will tell.

Heethers
Lunar Clubman SB
07 ShogunSWB

Hi

We are thinking of buying a Clubman SE and are wondering what people think of this van as can't find many reviews.

Thanks in Advance

Denise

Hi

We have a 2013 Lunar Clubman SE its our 3rd Lunar . As with all caravans there are teething problems which a good dealer can put right without a worry. We have had to have new windows as the ones it came with warped with the sun. Put new ones in and they are OK. . We change our caravan every four years and the last one we had was a Swift Conqueror top of the range and cupboard door fell off as the screwes were not long enough. The head board over the double bed fell of was only attached with velcro. We had lots of problems but the biggest was damp in the front. So we got rid and went back to Lunars.

Its about time these caravan manufactures where taken to task. The money they charge for these caravans is high its a pity there workmanship is not of the same standard.

All in all I like my Lunar and the quality is of a good standard.

Shortstuff

We have a 2015 SE, very happy with it. Positives:- plenty of room the extra width helps, the heating pump in the wardrobe appears to be better in the SE as it does not distribute your sleep. More lighting options than you could ever use. Large roof lots of natural light and for us an excellent shower.

Negatives:- wish the water inlet was a little higher up the caravan as you need to use your water bottle on the side. Toilet flush is weak in fact not I'm not sure its that much of an upgrade over the popular Thetford unit. £50 for the weight upgrade to 1500kg.

Faults:- as others needed a new toilet control board and replace a faulty boiler sensor.

I'm trying to think of other points if you have any specific questions ask me.

• Like 2

Whale now make a truma connection which I bought as the pump is better, well pleased as the pipe is alot softer which bends around and down,now have no problem with the low connection port. It really irritated me, another case of designers not testing their product

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/CARAVAN-ULTRAFLOW-WHALE-WATER-PUMP-EP1642-HIGH-FLOW-PUMP-/400958679423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5d5affe97f

We have a 2015 SE, very happy with it. Positives:- plenty of room the extra width helps, the heating pump in the wardrobe appears to be better in the SE as it does not distribute your sleep. More lighting options than you could ever use. Large roof lots of natural light and for us an excellent shower.

Negatives:- wish the water inlet was a little higher up the caravan as you need to use your water bottle on the side. Toilet flush is weak in fact not I'm not sure its that much of an upgrade over the popular Thetford unit. £50 for the weight upgrade to 1500kg.

Faults:- as others needed a new toilet control board and replace a faulty boiler sensor.

Edited by Kevin H
  • Like 1

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Interesting, I'm going to check out the link, thanks.

This is set up connected, as you can see no problem with the pipes, they are much more pliable.

post-34242-0-69461500-1437225401_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

We also have the SE and unlike you found the heating to be unbearably noisy. We have since paid for Alde to upgrade to the boiler mounted pump, which is much quieter. On the whole I think Lunar have skimped on quite a few items, and gone overboard on others (such as the lights) and they couldn't manage to get those wired correctly!

This is set up connected, as you can see no problem with the pipes, they are much more pliable.

We have also changed our pump to the much more flexible Whale version. Lunar have been making caravans long enough to know how high the water inlet needs to be for the best fit, but choose to fit them too low.

2017 Swift Elegance 580  towed by 2015 Volvo XC70

We also have the SE and unlike you found the heating to be unbearably noisy. We have since paid for Alde to upgrade to the boiler mounted pump, which is much quieter. On the whole I think Lunar have skimped on quite a few items, and gone overboard on others (such as the lights) and they couldn't manage to get those wired correctly!

Hi, I did follow the light switch forum, our van has the two switches for front and rear lights. Our previous caravans had blown air heating now that's impossible to sleep through!

I do wonder if some pumps make more noise than others as I know that the heating has cut in overnight on trips away earlier this year and it's not disturbed me, when sitting you need to open the wardrobe door and stick your to head in or feel the top to check if the pump is running or not.

Hi, I did follow the light switch forum, our van has the two switches for front and rear lights. Our previous caravans had blown air heating now that's impossible to sleep through!

I do wonder if some pumps make more noise than others as I know that the heating has cut in overnight on trips away earlier this year and it's not disturbed me, when sitting you need to open the wardrobe door and stick your to head in or feel the top to check if the pump is running or not.

The pump noise volume is variable - mine is mounted inside the wardrobe but on an outside wall - it was noisy to start but once the system was fully bled I have to open the wardrobe door to tell if it's running - it did take a couple of trips to shake all of the air out though.

I'm aware that others have done the same and still complain about pump noise.

I complain about boiler noise, as it's under my head in bed !!

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Hi, Perhaps you are lucky, or maybe we were just unlucky, but the pump in ours was very noisy, it may be down to other contributing factors of the system itself and the sound was being amplified somehow, but it was unbearable.

I think if it was a constant noise, as the fan on blown air, it wouldn't have been too bad. The fact that it was cycling on and off every few minutes when it was very cold outside, made it impossible to get a good nights sleep.

We had a Clubman SE until last year. The caravan is great in all aspects, we really enjoyed using it, except the bed!! Really comfortable but we got so fed up with the climbing over (my wife) during the night. If you are lucky enough not to need to get up a couple of times a night I would recommend it. Our pump was quite noisy too, would wake us up if it came on during the night. We now have a Lunar Ultima 640 and the pump on this one is much quieter.

• Like 1

Hi, Perhaps you are lucky, or maybe we were just unlucky, but the pump in ours was very noisy, it may be down to other contributing factors of the system itself and the sound was being amplified somehow, but it was unbearable.

I think if it was a constant noise, as the fan on blown air, it wouldn't have been too bad. The fact that it was cycling on and off every few minutes when it was very cold outside, made it impossible to get a good nights sleep.

Is it possible that you might have some air in the system somewhere? I ask, as our 2010 had some work carried out on it which required the heating system to be altered, and when it was returned, I initially thought that there was a tractor ticking over close to us. I then realised that it was the pump. after a couple of attempts at bleeding it, quite a bit of air came out, and there was no more noise.

The one on our 2015 version is almost silent. So much so that I'be physically checked that it's running a couple of times.

1958 Morris Minor towing 2012 Hobby Landhaus

This has been aired many times before (no pun intended)!

My Alde system has no air in it, but the pump is too noisy to sleep when it comes on at night, but during the day we don't hear it.

Others on here will tell you the same and confirm that they have no air in the system.

For some unknown reason, it seems that some are quiet some arn't.

Alde have exchanged my pump but it made no difference.

Burnsguitarman went to the expense of having a boiler mounted pump fitted in his Clubman which solved his problem.

We just use a convector heater during the night instead of the Alde.

Edited by hp100425ev
  • Like 1

Our 2015 Clubman SE has just had its first service, and happily I can report everything was ok.

We have had a few niggles over the year, which have been dealt with, or modified by ourselves.

Here's to the next 12 months, of hopefully trouble free caravanning .

Our 2015 Clubman SE has just had its first service, and happily I can report everything was ok.

We have had a few niggles over the year, which have been dealt with, or modified by ourselves.

Here's to the next 12 months, of hopefully trouble free caravanning .

Please tell us more about the boiler mounted pump as we have the Delta TI and the pump is in the wardrobe next to your head. Was it an expensive modification and how long did it take ALDE to do? Thanks.

Deltati, costs £291- £325 fitted by Alde (or their agents) including replacement of the fluid. This is today's price!

Tim

Is the pump separate from the boiler in the lunar? Following this thread I am suprised to hear of noisy pumps as the one in my U2 is silent. I can't believe we're talking about the same system

Pump in the Lunar is in the header tank in the wardrobe.

I believe Baiey use the boiler mounted pump.

From their brochure, looks like Lunar might be using the boiler mounted option in 2016 vans.

Not enough to tempt me to change our 2015 Clubman though - we will contine to use the convector heater during the night!

Very, very slight noise from the pump in the wardrobe. Doesn't bother us at all!

We did have an expansion ticking where a heating pipe rubbed against some woodwork. Sorted that temporarily with a folded up tissue, will enlarge the hole in the woodwork when home.

We have been touring for the last 2 months and have another month before we return home.

Love the caravan.

We had pump noise when new but once the air had been bled out after towing, several times, it's not noticeable unless/until you open the wardrobe door to get something out.

• Like 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES