"told Off" At Strensham Services

post-2152-0-06509300-1437004586_thumb.jpg

Ours is the caravan on the right, and the guy in the adjacent Rover even had the cheek to have a go at my hubby for blocking his driver's door. Some people really are beyond belief! :angry:

Mary

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Travelling from the West Country to Yorkshire, needed a pitt stop so pulled into Strensham Services, M5 northbound. Followed the signs, "Cars only", "lorries" "Caravans only" but as I was about to tu

Why are there so many busy bodies with caravans and motorhomes? what other caravanners and motorhomers do is their business so long as you park where you want to park that is all that matters and all

Stopped at Wetherby (A1M) this lunchtime! There was a parking attendant making sure that only vehicles towing caravans were allowed in the caravan parking area. A good sight to see.   Lots of "whi

Posted Images

Caravan Parking Bay Abuse. jpg

Ours is the caravan on the right, and the guy in the adjacent Rover even had the cheek to have a go at my hubby for blocking his driver's door. Some people really are beyond belief! :angry:

Mary

Is that quite an old photo, going on the cars?

Wow just think how the OP's busy body would have felt seeing this!!!

He would have been beside himself with concern. ... he would have needed his jobsworth hat and coat on to deal with this flagrent disregard for the rules

Just a thought do the "Knights of the Road" have resident jobs worths to tell them where and how they can park?

BTW, that's not us, found the photos via Google, and there's a motorhome in with the caravans too!

Much the same happens @ Reading Services too!

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Ask the the Mods, they deleted the "word" I typed. Just a cryptic clue unless this is also deleted, it is associated with shoe repairers.

. ........... and I thought it was bollards.

Sometimes I sit and think. Sometimes I sit and listen. Sometimes I sit and watch. Most times I just sit.

Is that quite an old photo, going on the cars?

The picture was taken on 22nd September 2001 to be precise, and goes to show that this is an ongoing problem that really should have been resolved by now!

Mary.

• Like 1

Ask the the Mods, they deleted the "word" I typed. Just a cryptic clue unless this is also deleted, it is associated with shoe repairers.

What's offensive about Timpsons? B)

It has to be said however that a lorry and coach driver needs a break to comply driving laws, so for example a clear break of 45 minutes after 4. 5 hours driving. Priority must therefore be given to these road users. Safety first, inconvenience to caravanners (and other car park users) must take a back seat where safety and the law are concerned.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

It has to be said however that a lorry and coach driver needs a break to comply driving laws, so for example a clear break of 45 minutes after 4. 5 hours driving. Priority must therefore be given to these road users. Safety first, inconvenience to caravanners (and other car park users) must take a back seat where safety and the law are concerned.

Russ

Other drivers needs breaks just as much for safety reasons as coach and LGV drivers, it's just an anomaly that it's a legal requirement for the latter but not the former.

Edited by Black Grouse

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

With the exception of coach parking very few MSAs appear to allocate parking spaces for the exclusive use of any category of vehicle. For obvious reasons LGVs do not normally attempt to park in car parking spaces and are deterred from doing so by restricted access.

It is not unknown for LGV drivers to park on exit slip roads at some MSAs when all other parking is occupied.

Sanctions do not seem to imposed for parking in the "wrong" place and regardless of where a vehicle is parked on the site they are all limited to two hours free parking. Site managers are rarely in control of parking as it is often operated by parking companies whose profits are largely dependent on overstayers. Cherwell Valley services is one MSA where charge tickets are issued for other vehicles parking in coach spaces.

If all the accessible parking spaces are occupied at a site then a driver has no alternative but to move on regardless of the class of vehicle requiring a space.

The biggest complaint from caravanners seeking to park at an MSA is that the small number of caravan parking spaces "are always full with white vans." :rolleyes: They also complain about alleged smells in the LGV parking area and or the limited access to dog exercise areas.

They can try to take the driver to court, but they have to prove who was driving. As said, it's a scary looking request for money.

If it's govt or council owned parking, the buck stops with the keeper.

This is another topic but you are out of date. The law changed some years ago when clamping became illegal. if the registered keeper fails to say who the driver is they can pursue him.

Companies can and do take civil action to recover their money.

Been debated on these forums at length

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

This is another topic but you are out of date. The law changed some years ago when clamping became illegal. if the registered keeper fails to say who the driver is they can pursue him.

Companies can and do take civil action to recover their money.

Been debated on these forums at length

The "defence" is no longer that the driver can't/won't be identified as the keeper can now be pursued as you say - but there's still the "defence" that only genuine losses can be pursued, not a penalty.

Contract law has provision for dismissing "unreasonable" terms.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

The "defence" is no longer that the driver can't/won't be identified as the keeper can now be pursued as you say - but there's still the "defence" that only genuine losses can be pursued, not a penalty.

Contract law has provision for dismissing "unreasonable" terms.

This may have changed or be more difficult since Beavis lost his appeal