Need Recommendation For Towbar Fitting In Norwich , Been Let Down!

Hi, I need to get a towbar fitted to my 2014 64 plate Citroen Picasso as soon as possible. We had waited over 2 weeks for an appointment with Broadland towbars but when we turned up they had got the wrong bar in as apparently our car had the new chassis with side fixing points. Can't now fit us in for another 2 weeks even though it's their fault and we really want to make the most of this good weather.

Eas thinking about using a mobile service but we need the specific wiring kit etc for warranty and vehicle instrument features etc and don't know if they would do this?

Indespension wired our last car up wrong, long story but needless to say we won't use them again.

Can anyone recommend someone please and thank you.

Have you checked on the towbar manufacturers websites if they make a towbar for your vehicle if it is a new design ? It can take a couple of months for a towbar to be made and tested and approved .

This is common when a new model is released.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Welcome to CT. sorry to hear of the troubles you are having! I was going to recommend Broadland towbars so I can only think of Googling for fitters in Norfolk!

All the best Andrew.

Ford Mondeo Estate Titaniuim TDCi mk4 (16v 140 BHP) (2008)

Towing Elddis Odyssey 544 (2008) Truma mover S towing at 98%

My web site caravanlife. updated 28/5/2017

I've only used Broadland and was not impressed by conversations I had with other fitters local to me in Lowestoft some 5-6 years ago.

Try asking your Citroen dealer? They will then use the official kit. Some do sub-contract the work out, rather than doing it in house. Any mobile fitter would buy in the bar and vehicle-specific wiring kit (just as Broadland do). NB although vehicle specific they are not always identical to the vehicle manufacturer's wiring kit (they just use all the same connectors to avoid cutting into wiring looms).

It might be worth checking if Witter do a bar for your car? They have a fair reputation for mobile fitting I believe.

DO, though, ask the question as to whether the vehicle needs coding for the towbar wiring to work properly (fog lamps, reversing sensor cutout, lamp failue and occasionally trailer assist) and whether the towbar company can do that --- otherwise it will need a paid for trip to the dealers to do. {Broadland were the only local company that could do the coding on my last Ford Galaxy as part of the job (included in the price).}

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.