Best Tow Bar For My Car

victoriana

Hi,

Ok will be buying an older eriba puck later this year. Would assume that it has two sockets. So was wondering if an alko towbar with two sockets on the car was the best way to go.

Or would i be better going for a removable swan neck one. There is about £120 difference between the price .

Just not sure what i need to tow with.

My car is a peguoet tepee bipper 1. 4 diesel.

Thanks for your help

You only NEED one electrical socket, thats the black one which gives you indicators, break lights, etc.

The second one, usually grey in colour is a 'nice to have' as it will give you power to things like the fridge or heating should you want it on ready for arrival, or a stop off, etc. We don't use ours, we have single electrics on the car. The grey plug and wire on the 'van have been retracted and tired up safely out of the way.

The choice of single or dual electrics is separate to your choice of tow bar, single or double are available on all types of tow bars.

Removable or fixed tow bar is entirely a personal choice. I love our removable, purely because I'm a clumsy mare and always walk into the fixed ones and bruise my shins. They are more expensive, can be a struggle to fit, I have to lay on the floor and use two hands to hold it up as its so heavy, buy I love the ability to remove it and no one knows its there, we twist the power socket up out of view too.

Edited by maginnis

Hello.

Thanks for reply. Yes I am clumsy to . So that's why I wondered about a removable one. Would like the fridge to be cold if I can. But not essential. So will reconsider

Or fridge cools relatively quickly so it doesn't bother us. We also have a 12/240v cool box if we are desperate for refrigeration on the way.

fixed tow bar can protect the rear end from damage when people drive into the car.

macafee2

you are right that the towbar can protect minor bumps - but what damage has been done??? Would you want to tow with it???

How 'old' is the older Eriba? our 2006 320GT had 13-pin. (Don't know if that's old!)