Anyone Play A Musical Instrument?

Just wondered if anyone here plays anything musical?

Myself I play ukulele, only started two years ago and had never played anything before, I'm not brilliant but I can hold a tune and am a member of a little ukulele band. ..

The uke is quite easy to pick up and you can get a fairly good sounding one for about £30, deffo worth a go if you fancy trying an instrument.

So, what does everyone else play?

Rog.

Caravanning. .. an expensive way to have a cheap holiday. ..

Does a recorder count as a musical instrument? My Mum never thought it was ;) I also played the treble and tenor as well as the descant :) clever or what :)

I play guitar, Taylor 900 series and a Taylor travel guitar for the caravan. I also have a Banjo and a didgeridoo.

I have some recordings done on my Ipad but dont know how to post them.

Edited by Upyonder

Everything goes to Entropy . ......... In this world.

Hello.

I play saxophone and flute . But has been a while since I have played and upset neighbours

Love the sound of a Sax. I tried one but couldnt get a note. Really like the sound of my didge, its a genuine termite eaten Eucalyptus about5ft and sounds really deep.

I play guitar, Taylor 900 series and a Taylor travel guitar for the caravan. I also have a Banjo and a didgeridoo.

That's good. :D:D :D

• Haha 1

Not sure there are many instruments we don't have in our household! Music and playing music is an important part of our lives.

Its a wonderful gift to give children the opportunity IMO and has been proven again and again it improves their academic studies, simply as there is no other activity that requires the brain to work as it does when you are reading and performing music.

Just got youngest a ukelele from a festival we recently went to and he loves it, just learning a few chords along with ipad its a great way just to get playing

• Like 1

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I've made a note of all these posters,so that I don't pitch next to you!! :D

• Like 1

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

To the Mods,

Is it possible in the future to be able to download sound files?

Not commercial ones.

Edited by Upyonder

My first instrument is acoustic guitar. The hand built Armstrong being my favourite, but I have a number of different makes, both 6 and 12 string. I also play the piano, pipe organ, 48 bass piano accordion, and as mayblossom said, the recorder (treble, tenor, descant etc.) I had a go at the violin and the flute but didn't take to either. For for many years used to teach the guitar, and although right handed I can play a left handed guitar, which is very useful when facing a pupil in a one to one lesson.

I am fortunate in that I come from a musical family. Mum plays the cello and piano, my younger brother plays the guitar and piano, my sister plays the clarinet and piano, my other brother plays the piano and organ.

Mary.

Does the triangle count? :)

Edited by Flat_at

I'm not afraid of hard work,  I'm terrified of it! If you don't swear when you're driving, you're not paying attention! I like children but can't eat a whole one.  If you can't say something nice, don't say anything! Don't call me an idiot, I would take it as a compliment. Not all my ducks are in a row, some are missing and I think one is a pigeon. I know my place, under my wife's thumb!

My wife plays "Pop"

I'm pretty good with a gramophone :blush:

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Learning the Sax, getting there slowly, got a fantastic teacher, she is very patient with me and hits me when I get it wrong. ..

I'm pretty good with a gramophone :blush:

What about the Linoleum. :)

Les plays keyboard - I can play Piano, but very rusty now. We have just come home from a cruise and there was a small group of 4 Ukulele players meeting up quite regularly in the corner of a lounge, singing and strumming away happily.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Does the triangle count? :)

If you play it at the right time, it can make the piece. (Spent the last few years standing at the back of the local brass band, hitting things.)

Playing tomorrow night in a field somewhere north of Callander. You definitely don't want me pitching up next to you!

Bringing the full kit and the rest of the band for a very lively Ceilidh until the small hours. You are all welcome!

I will be unavailable on Sunday for further comments.

• Like 1

Aygo, Sorento, DS3, Kea.  Still love the Hobby brand, but we are currently hobbyless.

Reminded of some aphorisms

A gentleman is is someone who can play bagpipes/accordion/banjo etc but doesn't.

A drummer is someone who hangs around with musicians

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

another . .

A conductor is a drummer who can't handle 2 sticks . .

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

I'd love to play an instrument. Always wanted to, but don't have the time right now.

Love the sax, but as far as I'm aware you can't learn quietly, which is why I stopped the trumpet too. Always loved the sound of a sax.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

• 3 weeks later...

I have played various instruments over the years, started at an early age with the piano, then moved to electric organ, played tenor horn with the local brass band, then went to the french horn with the cornish schools youth orchestra, at around the same time started to learn the church organ but this wasnt compatable with the electric organ so gave that up at age 16 to play pubs and clubs semipro along with dinner dances and wedding receptions, stoped for some years b7t now havr a yamaha psr1500 (baby tyrios range) and l8ve this great instrument, martin

• 2 months later...

To the Mods,

Is it possible in the future to be able to download sound files?

Not commercial ones.

Simple solution: Open up an account on a free sound hosting site, upload your file and shre the URL.

This is me soloing (badly) over a blues backing track on my electic guitar. ...

https://soundcloud. com/alanhgtr1/alankob2

Coming from Yorkshire I have a love of brass bands and have in the past played euphonium, trombone and baritone for a number of bands. But that was a number of years ago and I no longer play. My brother in law ( another caravanners) however still does and in preparation for an upcoming contest he took his mouthpiece with him on our French joint family holiday last year. It drew a number of puzzled looks as he sat in the sun 'tonguing' through the score. We were grateful he didn't take the whole instrument with him . ..as he plays a bflat bass. ...that would have drawn a few noise abatement complaints.

Perhaps it's time for CC and C&CC to add another logo to their CL/CS definitions for "music playing" :) I nearly always take my travel guitar when I go away and play/practice quietly if there are any other 'vans nearby but it's great to "let rip" when alone on a CL and it would be really good if there was an option of jamming with neighbours :D

Back to the meat of the thread, I play: travel Guitar, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, classical guitar, 12 string electric Guitar, 12 string acoustic guitar, mouthorgan/blues harp, tambourine ( yes I note and agree with the comments on the triangle) , maracas and, oh! I forgot, guitar as well ;)

(I've 13 guitars ranging from a 1950's lucky 7 to a 2012 issue, 12 string, Rickenbacker 360/12. BUT the main instruments I play regularly (in a band) are my 1969 Gibson SG,1970 Fender Coronado II and the Rick 360. My OH says I don't need any more guitars, you can only play one at once BUT I reply, why do you need any more handbags, shoes etc then? )

I really want a Les Paul B)

Jim

Edited by JamesF

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)

Perhaps it's time for CC and C&CC to add another logo to their CL/CS definitions for "music playing" :) I nearly always take my travel guitar when I go away and play/practice quietly if there are any other 'vans nearby but it's great to "let rip" when alone on a CL and it would be really good if there was an option of jamming with neighbours :D

Back to the meat of the thread, I play: travel Guitar, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, classical guitar, 12 string electric Guitar, 12 string acoustic guitar, mouthorgan/blues harp, tambourine ( yes I note and agree with the comments on the triangle) , maracas and, oh! I forgot, guitar as well ;)

(I've 13 guitars ranging from a 1950's lucky 7 to a 2012 issue, 12 string, Rickenbacker 360/12. BUT the main instruments I play regularly (in a band) are my 1969 Gibson SG,1970 Fender Coronado II and the Rick 360. My OH says I don't need any more guitars, you can only play one at once BUT I reply, why do you need any more handbags, shoes etc then? )

I really want a Les Paul B)

Jim

I also take my Taylor Travel guitar away in the caravan and people on site are appreciative of the playing.

• Like 1

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.