Sign in to follow this  
Marinefish71

Taps

Hi all have an issue my bathroom tap stopped working. . it was ok until 2 days ago and just stopped. But the weird thing is it will turn on when i turn kitchen tap on. So if i open the bathroom tap it dont work but if i leave it open and then turn kitchen tap on they both run water.

Can someone plz explain the wiring of taps through to pump. Have a pump outside in water container.

I have a old abi monza. .

Paul

Most likely this:-

Under the tap is a microswitch. Opening a tap operates this switch and switches on the water pump and hey presto.

Microswitch on bathroom packs up but you leave the tap open. Operate the kitchen tap and water pours out of bathroom tap as it is still open.

Solution

Under the tap assembly is the microswitch - very cheap at any caravan dealer - by cheap I mean about 20 times what they bought it for!

I would say your bathroom tap has a micro switch which is not working so pump is not switching on. that is why when another tap is switched on when the bathroom tap is open they both run.

Beaten by Wispman. :)

Edited by zen

It's most likely the micro switch behind the tap.

If water comes out when you open it and use the kitchen tap then it shows there is no blockage,

It's already been said, but just for fun I'll say it again. I think it could be your microswitch.

Or. ... The little man who lives in your bathroom cabinet, turning on the supply, has gone on holiday. Probably visiting his friend in the fridge.

I've just fitted a new micro switch in the bathroom for the same reason :)

Or you can wire in a substitute switch, just a simple

push ON, release Off, like a bell push.

I had a foot switch in my Monza. A simple bell push can get hot though because of the amperage in the connection.

Thank you so much for the replies. . this was my first thought but now its confirmed. . Thank you so much. .

• Like 1

Hello i am new to all this we have just got a Monza 1000T VINTAGE i know but sooo cute.. We are confussed with the water as our first caravan it has a battery... a foot pum a door bell on the side of draw and pipes outside ? can any one help how to connect water and what i will need to buy i have nothing as yet? i will be using it connected to a battery?

It might have been better to start a new thread.

Sounds like a typical 1980s system.

Does the footpump have wires going to it? If it does then it has an electric pump built in, but you need to use the foot pump to draw water up into it before the electric pump will work. Typically,  the door bell type switch is simply push for on, release for off.

You will need a container for fresh water, Aquarolls are popular but any clean container will do. The outside pipe is normally just a pickup hose which is a push fit on a connector on the side of the van. There may also be a larger waste hose to carry grey waste water into a second container.

You should find that when you push the button you can hear the electric pump being powered by the battery, but do not run it dry for more than a second or so.

Thank you for getting back to me so quick... i will start a new thread. the battery is fully charged but only works the light on the ceiling above bed... i have pressed the bell button and hear nothing so will have to look more i do see a inlet outside and a 2 pin electric inlet also near it. I will have to get more photos tomorrow..   

caravan 1.jpg

caravan2.jpg

forgot to say footpump is under carpet so cannot see it but there are wires coming from the bell inside the cupboard.

12 hours ago, Stevan said:

It might have been better to start a new thread.

Sounds like a typical 1980s system.

Does the footpump have wires going to it? If it does then it has an electric pump built in, but you need to use the foot pump to draw water up into it before the electric pump will work. Typically,  the door bell type switch is simply push for on, release for off.

You will need a container for fresh water, Aquarolls are popular but any clean container will do. The outside pipe is normally just a pickup hose which is a push fit on a connector on the side of the van. There may also be a larger waste hose to carry grey waste water into a second container.

You should find that when you push the button you can hear the electric pump being powered by the battery, but do not run it dry for more than a second or so.

The container needs to be food grade plastic.