Jillp

Eterniti Caravans For Sale

Posted (edited)

I seem to recall that the Facebook page was set up by an Eterniti owner and is, or was, restricted to owners.

This search reveals that the OP of this topic does not seem to have posted since 2017 but there is much information about the Eterniti.

Edited by DeeTee
Added sentence with search link

Thanks Durbanite, yes I know the  Eterniti history, still keen though.

Phil, yes i have been in contact with that one and am getting a dealer/inspector to check it out. The owner is very vague though so not sure as yet. Does anyone recognise it

Does anyone know from what build number Eterniti  started putting the ply under the fiberglass and was their still any delamination problems after that was done.

On 15/06/2019 at 07:21, Mark Laird said:

Hi all new member from nz. Keen to get my hands on a late eterniti ib4. I import uk vans as a retirement income and love the ib4.  Have read all the posts and would genuinely  like to join the fb page. Not sure how to do it.  Have a compass 650 now. Also really like info on the later chassis. Is it really 2700kg. Thats what we need. Anyone that can assist appreciated.

The 2000 kg BPW chassis was increased to 2700 kg on the TA models but this was only a short time before they finished .

Dave

43 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

The 2000 kg BPW chassis was increased to 2700 kg on the TA models but this was only a short time before they finished .

Dave

Worth reading on weight issues and why they increased to 2700kg .

Posted (edited)

A heavy duty chassis was available with a weight upgrade to 2200kg and mine was further upgraded to 2400.

The 2200kg upgrade was a different chassis with upgraded axles and wheels, the 2400kg was just the label.

My serial number was 49.

Ian

Edited by IanV8
Spelling

Thanks CommanderDave and Ian v8.  The one we are inspecting today (12:30) is Build 91, Purchased 30 Aug 2013, first redg Dec 2013. I got all the info i could on BPW chassis, axles. Far as I can tell they only made a 2000kg chassis with 1000 kg axles and also a 2700kg with 1350 axles. Nothing in between so cant see how they ever got to 2200 or 2400 unless using 2700 chassis (1350 axles) and de rating them.  I have directed my buyer to inspect axle and chassis plates. Any idea of date 2700 chassis got into the production line. Also this one has bad de lamination so i am presuming no ply backing. Any help today would be brilliant. I am prepared to fix de lamination if feasible. Many thanks.

They were using the 2700 chassis derated to 2200 or 2400.

I saw van 91 at the 2015 cc National, an elderly couple from Lincoln.

Ian

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mark Laird said:

Thanks CommanderDave and Ian v8.  The one we are inspecting today (12:30) is Build 91, Purchased 30 Aug 2013, first redg Dec 2013. I got all the info i could on BPW chassis, axles. Far as I can tell they only made a 2000kg chassis with 1000 kg axles and also a 2700kg with 1350 axles. Nothing in between so cant see how they ever got to 2200 or 2400 unless using 2700 chassis (1350 axles) and de rating them.  I have directed my buyer to inspect axle and chassis plates. Any idea of date 2700 chassis got into the production line. Also this one has bad de lamination so i am presuming no ply backing. Any help today would be brilliant. I am prepared to fix de lamination if feasible. Many thanks.

They used the 2000 kg chassis and every component has a 10% safety margin that should not be used but they sold it as uprated to 2200 kg but the tyres were still 86 load rating 530 kg. It was only about 6 months before they stopped and would check the chassis plating if not going to be used as a static on site .

BPW confirmed the 2000 kg could not be uprated which is correct as the chassis is supplied under EU type approval as 2000 kg .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Thanks Guys, yes that's the one Ianv8. My guy will be their in 3 hours, anything else we should be aware of apart from the usual.