Sign in to follow this  
AJCE

Bradcot Aspire Air Porch Awning

Read the thread and here are my experiences with my Kampa Fiesta Air Pro 280.

First the Pro is well designed from top quality materials.

The cheaper model is lighter in every sense.

Second the high capacity hand operated pump inflates it in less than five easy minutes for fragile disabled me.

Third air awnings are lightning fast to erect.

On to the rail-the Kampa is no heavier than my previous Dorema porch.

Inflate and peg down the corners put the other umpteen pegs in at your leasure.

The awning has two deflate valves you just turn either ninety degrees.

All tubes can be islated.

Fourth we tested the awning beyond its power to stand up to sustained force six winds---no leaks.

Struck the awning in minutes in force seven gusts.

On our last outing Holgates Silverdales winds forecast to be strong--the awning withstood the heavy gusts and rain no leaks in awning or annexe.

On price I saved £100 plus shopping around.

I would get the storm guys and both back poles about another £30.

Finally I am well satisfied with our purchase.

Getting an Isabella Winter awning for our next visit to highland beach sites Arisaig and Gareloch

• Like 1

Thanks Ancell - although I must admit that I came here looking for reassurance that I had made the right choice in ordering a Bradcot awning and found your comprehensive review of your Kampa Fiesta. Whilst useful and informative, it might have been better placed in one of the (several) Kampa topics, leaving this one for comments about Bradcot.

Better add some smiles :D:D to show I'm not being too serious :rolleyes: or cross :angry:

Although the Kampa is not Bradcot many potential purchasers are hesitant about spending upwards of £700 on an air awning.

My comments were really aimed at those potential purchasers.

Point taken about the thread.

• Like 1

How do you reach the awning rail to pull the awning through. ? I think I will need a step ladder which seems unsafe.

How do you reach the awning rail to pull the awning through. ? I think I will need a step ladder which seems unsafe.

Suggest that the awning beading is introduced into the awning rail where the rail is specially splayed for that purpose. It is then normally possible to push the awning along the rail until completely threaded, though it is preferable to pull the beading into the rail if possible. Caravan steps, securely placed on the ground can also help.

• Like 1

This applies to all awnings, they all have to be fed into the rail, you can I think buy some sort of hook device to help the more vertically challenged amongst us.

• Like 1

You will find an awning rail brush £3 well spent.

Use just before sliding the awning on the rail.

It fits in the awning groove removing the dead insects and gunge from previous weeks/years.

I clean the rail with the brush then apply whatever silicone based lubricant is handy to the brush then run it along in the groove.

Note never use lubricant sprays containing petroleum or acetone thinners it will certainly affect plastic windows and possibly paintwork and gaskets.

• Like 2

Had the call to say that our awning had arrived and is ready for despatch. No chance to use it as It's going to be a few weeks before we go away so perhaps I'll just have a play in the garden and practice getting it in and out of the bag :D

Mike

• Like 1

Delivered earlier today - my goodness what a big and heavy box! Checked contents and all seems to be there including the electric pump. Awning is in a very strong zip top bag - be interesting to see if I can get it back in after use. Also came with several pages of very comprehensive instructions - so far it's top marks to Bradcot.

Mike

• Like 1

Had my 390 Bradcot air delivered today can't believe how quick I got it only ordered on Monday from Glossop caravans. Can't praise them enough. Put it up this afternoon in the garden and yes it is quick to put up and also went back in the bag easy. Roll on July when I can try it out for two weeks.

Gary.

• Like 1

Hello everyone

We've just put our Bradcot aspire air 390 up today for the first time today. It looks well,and was a doddle to do.

Just a few points.

The electric pump needed to be on the inside of the awning,cos the pipe kept falling off. The leads were plenty long enough to go to the car battery.

The foot pump is heart attack territory

It poured down just after we'd finished,bone dry no leaks.

The air pipes that go against the van were badly twisted. Will sort this out on deflation.

One of the air pipes was against the awning light,will have to move down van next time out.

Although this is not a cheap awning,I think it's worth every penny. For me the Rolls Royce of air awnings.

• Like 2

We've just taken our new Aspire Air 390 for its first holiday however. . . Have left instructions at home!

Have read through this forum but can't find what we're needing to know.

Is the electric pump to be set at 35 which is what we think and do you leave the pump hose connected after inflation? If not, how do you disconnect it without all the air coming out again?

And if there are any links for on line instructions we would be very grateful.

Thank you

Yes set the pump to 35, make sure that you've twisted the valves to the right before inflation, this is done by taking the caps off all the inflation points and with a finger slightly twist to the right. Once this has been done the air will not come out, pump up and then once the pump stops disconnect and replace the cap. In the instructions it's recommended that you pump up from one of the Middle valves. It really is that simple, if you need anymore help then let me know.

Thank you very much for that. We hadn't twisted the valves before inflating .

All good now and thanks again

Anyone else have a problem keeping the skirt attached over wheel arch. Had to resort to Gaffa tape which did the job but marks the caravan

Bradcott air awning. .is easy to blow up.

Is a pain to peg down neatly.

Is also able to withstand strong wind. Without damage to itself. . But. .it collapses.

Also is hopeless to peg on Sloping ground.

It has the advantage. .no poles to damage your van.

34 minutes ago, speedbird22 said:

Bradcott air awning. .is easy to blow up.

Is a pain to peg down neatly.

Is also able to withstand strong wind. Without damage to itself. . But. .it collapses.

Also is hopeless to peg on Sloping ground.

It has the advantage. .no poles to damage your van.

We also had the problem of the air beam fouling the door so you couldn’t open it. The Kampa was just as bad on sloping ground and also collapsed in stronger winds, and leaked and the guy lines forever tripping us up. 😡