Sign in to follow this  
AJCE

Bradcot Aspire Air Porch Awning

Anybody got one of these or has seen a demonstration?

Interested to see how it matches up to the Kampa Air rally pro. Notice that it has a single inflation point (4 points for deflating. .. why 4, is there a problem with other makes deflating?) just like the Kampa and the web site indicates that it is made of a better material and comes with electric pump (free from some retailers).

Looking to buy a quality air awning and would like to compare the two.

Hi AJCE,

I started a post after seeing the Bradcot Aspire Air awnings at the NEC. I would doubt if anyone has any experience with them yet, they are that new. I also doubt if any are on display at dealers yet either, but a phone call to Bradcot may enlighten you?

I was very impressed with what I saw at the NEC. If I was in the market to get an inflatable awning, I would give them serious consideration. It is not made from the flimsy materials that other manufacturers use.

Follow the thread linked below here ;- http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/103260-bradcot-air/

David

I had the same feeling as David. The Bradcot looked and felt tougher than the others we saw. The Bradcot was dearer but looked worth it. Suppose it depends on how it is used. I would pay the extra if it would be used regularly and for weeks rather than days.

• Like 1

Hi AJCE,

I started a post after seeing the Bradcot Aspire Air awnings at the NEC. I would doubt if anyone has any experience with them yet, they are that new. I also doubt if any are on display at dealers yet either, but a phone call to Bradcot may enlighten you?

I was very impressed with what I saw at the NEC. If I was in the market to get an inflatable awning, I would give them serious consideration. It is not made from the flimsy materials that other manufacturers use.

Follow the thread linked below here ;- http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/103260-bradcot-air/

David

Thanks David.

Sorry I had done a search using Bradcot Aspire before starting the topic, but nothing came up.

Out of interest did the guy at the show mention why it had 4 deflation points? Also does it have any section off points that can be used in the event of a leak?

Thanks David.

Sorry I had done a search using Bradcot Aspire before starting the topic, but nothing came up.

Out of interest did the guy at the show mention why it had 4 deflation points? Also does it have any section off points that can be used in the event of a leak?

To be honest AJCE, I vaguely remember it having valves to shut of any leaking sections. But please don't take it as gospel. I did watch the 390 being inflated, and it was very quick. Sorry I can not be more helpful!! Be good when there is some reviews to read or see on youtube.

David

Edited by Seaman

To be honest AJCE, I vaguely remember it having valves to shut of any leaking sections. But please don't take it as gospel. I did watch the 390 being inflated, and it was very quick. Sorry I can not be more helpful!! Be good when there is some reviews to read or see on youtube.

David

Thanks David

HI

I have a Bradcot ASpire 260 blow up awning.

Just returned from Carsington after 4 nights on a trial run.

Mine cost £699 including a free electric pump.

It came almost complete,save for a couple of steel pegs.

There are clear instructions on how to erect it. ail

It is rather heavy to pull along the awning rail,but was less of a problem than i expected.

Once on the rail. .connect the pump. .and within 2 minutes its up.

Very fast erection,it needs a little help to get the air pipes in the correct relationship,to get the awning looking taut.

Peg down the edges,insert the two steel poles provided to keep the awning tight against the van. .and thats it.

Very,very easy.

Then it snowed. ..!!!

In common with all the other air awnings,on the site. .it collapsed in the middle. So out I went in my pyjamas. .tapped off the snow,,from inside. .and up she popped. ..took 30 seconds to sort out.

taking it down involved opening the three valves. .the air came out without trouble. Follow the in structions in how to fold it and it went straight back in the large bag they give you.

I have no complaints. . also still have my trio porch. ...I am too idle to bother with that now. .

• Like 2

Good review speedbird22, thanks for posting!!

David

We like the look of this awning as it appears to have more headroom towards the front with a sharper angle between front and roof unlike the photos of the Dorema (for example) which is a continuous curve from the ground to the van.

However the online photos I have seen don't appear to show side doors (unless they are well disguised) and so it looks like the only way in is through the rolled up front - is this right ??

http://www. bradcot-awnings. co. uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/a/s/aspire. air. 390. lowres. 151214. edited. jpg

Thanks

Mike

Their is 1 side door to the left as you look from the front of the awning.

Their is 1 side door to the left as you look from the front of the awning.

Thanks Doug - certainly not clear from the very limited number of photos available on the web which all seem to show the awning from the back of the van like the one I linked to above.

Went to local dealer yesterday and they had a brochure which actually says there are two side doors which would make more sense as this is what you find on most awnings. Staff member we met hadn't been to NEC and so hadn't seen any yet.

Would prefer to see one up before we decide but like the higher headroom towards the front and the better quality material.

Look forward to further comments.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks Doug - certainly not clear from the very limited number of photos available on the web which all seem to show the awning from the back of the van like the one I linked to above.

Went to local dealer yesterday and they had a brochure which actually says there are two side doors which would make more sense as this is what you find on most awnings. Staff member we met hadn't been to NEC and so hadn't seen any yet.

Would prefer to see one up before we decide but like the higher headroom towards the front and the better quality material.

Look forward to further comments.

Thanks

Mike

mike

I stand corrected I phoned Bradcot and they said that there is a door on either side but they are at the front on either side, I went to look at the awning on friday and the lady in the showroom thought you could only access it from the front!!. the zips for the doorways are really well covered and the doors being at the front corners makes you think they are not their.

Regards

Doug

• Like 1

I've just ordered an aspire air 390 and it comes with the electric pump, however the power leads that you connect either your leisure or car battery are a bit short. And to be honest I'm looking for a better option to use the electric pump as leads are to short to reach the leisure battery and not keen on connecting to car every time. Can anybody out there come up with a better solution? Thought of buying a dedicated leisure battery? Any thoughts?

Fit longer leads?

Unfortunately the leads are built in to the air pump unit.

So. .. extend the leads?

Thanks for the reply. ......really useful!

I'm sure a couple of metres of 2. 5mm cable would be a lot cheaper, lighter and more convenient than purchasing, charging, and lugging around a third battery.

The problem is that the cable is built into the charger so wouldn't be able to extend the cable.

???? Cut it and splice in some more cable. Ideally using decent crimps or alternatively soldered joints.

Notice one of your interests is DIY, well mine isn't so thanks for the advice and I'll maybe get someone more competent than me to cut and splice a longer length cable.

Hi all, I have an aspire 390 and have used it for the first time at Easter. Quite simply - FANTASTIC!

Beautifully made from quality materials and solid as a rock despite the winds best attempts to get to it. Best part is no guy ropes - none at all!

Electric pump is a pain to connect - I used the car battery but will probably extend the cables and fit a car plug as lifting the bonnet etc. is awkward.

Other than that all I can say is that in my honest opinion, definitely worth the extra money (quite a bit extra compared to the cheapest!). A high quality awning all round - like comparing an Isabella to a £14 tent!!!!

Happy chappy.

Martin W

• Like 2

Hi all, I have an aspire 390 and have used it for the first time at Easter. Quite simply - FANTASTIC!

Beautifully made from quality materials and solid as a rock despite the winds best attempts to get to it. Best part is no guy ropes - none at all!

Electric pump is a pain to connect - I used the car battery but will probably extend the cables and fit a car plug as lifting the bonnet etc. is awkward.

Other than that all I can say is that in my honest opinion, definitely worth the extra money (quite a bit extra compared to the cheapest!). A high quality awning all round - like comparing an Isabella to a £14 tent!!!!

Happy chappy.

Martin W

Martin, thanks for your reply, really helpful and backs up my thoughts of the awning when I saw it. Streets ahead of all other inflatable awnings and proving to be very popular, I've paid a deposit and am now on a waiting list with my local dealer, the dealer said that Bradcot under estimated how popular these awnings we're going to be!

With reference to the pump, I think Bradcot put all the development into the awning. I thought the cable was to short and would be better if it was a lot longer and also with a cigarette type plug on the end. Is this what you are thinking of doing, extending the cable and putting a cigarette 12v plug on the end? Think I'd need to get somebody to do this for me, I'm not good with this type of DIY!

I also think the foot pump is inadequate, wonder if you can buy a larger cylinder type hand pump as this may speed things up a bit, the dealer said it takes about 1 hour to fully inflate using the foot pump! But still less hassle than my current full awning, and really happy with my desicion to buy one.

Saw these at the NEC last year and they did look nice indeed.

Not interested in getting one especially at the prices they were showing, but a nice piece of kit for sure, Will be interested to see how they last as they are priced up against full sized quality awnings that do last for years and years