Sign in to follow this  
beejay

Free Autoroute Account

French Autoroute operator ATMB are offering a FREE subscription until March 15th. :)

A free tag (badge) no monthly usage fee for 12 months and only €3 postage.

On line sign up is easy to do and payment is by direct debit to a UK bank card.

The postcode only accepts 5 characters so omit the last letter. ..postie will still find your address and you can amend your details in your account once subscribed.

English translation of website here http://tinyurl. com/m5evwgu click on subscribe on line then on

next page click the box marked Télépéage 1 An gratuit

The tag can be used on all French autoroutes and some tunnels/bridges as well as in Vinci car parks.

Bonne route et bonnes vacances

What, if any is the significance of the different colour badges?

Each time I have travelled on the motorways in France, the 'T' lane had a height restriction on and so caravans could not pass through them. Do you use the Lorry lane instead?

You can use any lane that doesn't have a height restriction provided your vehicle is less than 3m high.

knarf

You can even go through the "fast lane" which draws some funny looks. .....

You can use any lane that doesn't have a height restriction provided your vehicle is less than 3m high.

knarf

:unsure:

any lane without a height restriction if your vehicle exceeds 2m height?

"On certain dedicated class 1 Liber-t lanes there is a 2 metre height limit. These are always on the left hand side of the toll plaza. However there is always other lanes available for vehicles over 2 metres, simply go though one of the other open lanes that is displaying the Liber-t symbol."

knarf

Each time I have travelled on the motorways in France, the 'T' lane had a height restriction on and so caravans could not pass through them. Do you use the Lorry lane instead?

It depends on the size of the toll plaza. Some larger ones will have height restricted, car only, télépéage lanes.

All T lanes now auto detect the class of vehicle so can be used whether solo or towing.

Do not use truck only lanes with an orange hexagon always at farthest right as these charge truck tolls (classe 3 & 4) only.

Useful info here http://www. eurotoll. fr/fr/tis_pl_signaletique

Is this a special offer for uk addresses only, when I follow the links the info seems different, charges for statements and no link to one year gratuit.

This link takes you direct to the appropriate page

• Like 1

Is this a special offer for uk addresses only, when I follow the links the info seems different, charges for statements and no link to one year gratuit.

March 18th deadline applies

It's open to everybody. I posted a link to the English language translation of the home page.

Try this link http://www. atmb. com/en/ and click 'subscribe now' which opens the standard subscription page. On the next page make sure that "Liber-T evasion" is in the drop down box and click "etape suivante" and complete the application which will automatically go to the free offer. Choose the badge colour from the drop down and click 'valider' then "etape suivante".

Complete the application. Note the postcode is limited to 5 characters so omit the last letter from UK postcode.

The offer includes free subscription, a free tag and no monthly usage fee for the first year. After 12 months a fee of €1. 60 is charged for any month in which the tag is used or an annual discounted fee of €16 can be selected which may be more suitable for those who use the autoroute at least once every month and want to save €3. 20.

On line statements via "my account" are free and posted paper statements are charged at €0. 70.

My daughter completed the on line subscription Thursday afternoon, received a confirmation email within minutes and another later giving access to the account and confirmation that the tag had been dispatched.

I have had an APRR account for six years and lend my tag to the family so this will end that. :rolleyes:

This link takes you direct to the appropriate page

Posts crossed.

There are previous pages to be completed first!

• Like 1

What happens after the 12 months is up ?does the tag still work or do you have to pay for another 1. I ask because I will not be using the tag this year but will need 1 for next April 2016

The tag should still work. I susbscribed a year or two ago and the tag carries on as normal. Now I get billed €1. 60 for each month I use the tag. Bargain.

• Like 1

Well filled out the form and received a contract so assume I did it right. Not too good at french better at Spanish. So I will await my tag and the payment of postage from my bank. I assume that if you are away for a couple of months you can pay your account via internet . Or do they take it from the account I paid the postage from?

Pagan, if you are charging it to a UK bank account then bear in mind that your bank will charge conversion charges + overseas payment charges every month. Most of us charge an ATMB tag to a no fee credit card such as Halifax Clarity or a similar one.

Beejay,

I am able to get through following your instructions, but when I get to the IBAN, I put in the first 4 figures GB75 but the rest of the boxes disappear. I have tried to copy and paste the whole IBAN into the first box, but it still shows the first 4 figures. I have managed to put the BIC in ok, but do not know what to put in the 2 boxes below that. As you can guess, my French is not good.

David

Seaman, I do advise you to forget IBAN and bank account details unless you have no credit or debit card. A card number, if you have one, is easy.

Thanks Moorgate, that makes it easier.

David

Seaman, I do advise you to forget IBAN and bank account details unless you have no credit or debit card. A card number, if you have one, is easy.

Thank you for your suggestion Moorgate.

I have got it all sorted and hopefully a tag will be winging it's way to me soon.

Must say Bing translator has worked wonders. I now regret not learning something from my French teacher instead of looking at her with wishful thinking!!

David

Ah, but I had a French girl friend when I was 18. ....she taught me much more than any of my school teachers.

• Like 1

Ah, but I had a French girl friend when I was 18. ....she taught me much more than any of my school teachers.

Oh moorgate stop it !!!! That's every schoolboys dream (((drool))). :blush:

Well I too filled in the form and await the tag. I expected an e-mail, confirming everything but it has not come yet.

Same with me Tony, no confirmation email. ... :(

I had an email confirming it and it had a password to access my account.

t confirmed that the tag would arrive by mail which it did 4 days later. When it arrives you need to sgn the attatched contract and enclose proof of identity or residence.

knarf

Edited by KNARF

I had an email confirming it and it had a password to access my account.

t confirmed that the tag would arrive by mail which it did 4 days later. When it arrives you need to sgn the attatched contract and enclose proof of identity or residence.

knarf

Knarf, Please, did you have to send proof of ID or residence in the post or did the courier deal with it?

Incidently I didn't receive an email confirmation either, but I'm guessing they will send them out into the ether as a batch?

David

• Like 1