Delivery Lead Time For A New Bailey Pegasus Gt65 Verona

deepseamark

Hi Guys,

If you have recently ordered a brand new Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona, please will you let me know the amount of time it took for the caravan to be delivered to the dealer from Baileys.

I ordered a caravan from the dealer on the 31st October 2014, according to the dealer Baileys started building the caravan yesterday.

Is over 16 weeks the norm or am I being taken for a ride? :(

Many thanks in advance

Mark

The date you ordered was post the NEC which I feel suggests your build will have been scheduled after that huge tranche of 2015 model orders.

Unless your dealer had pre ordered on spec, which appears not to be the case.

On the positive it will not have been hanging about, and hopefully will not travel on salted roads to your dealer.

Not Bailey but my last order took from October to delivery in July.

Edited by JTQ

I think the order time is about right. I ordered 2 weeks after you on a different Bailey model and expect it late March/early April. So your looking good.

That's about right - given show pressures etc, I suspect you may well be doing better than many others.

FWIW - I ordered my U3 mid July 2014, took deliver late November 2014. 19 weeks.

My Bailey Cadiz was ordered at the NEC and is scheduled for manufacture sometime next week which lines up with the dates given to me when I ordered it (last week of Feb to 1st week of March).

Hi Guys,

If you have recently ordered a brand new Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona, please will you let me know the amount of time it took for the caravan to be delivered to the dealer from Baileys.

I ordered a caravan from the dealer on the 31st October 2014, according to the dealer Baileys started building the caravan yesterday.

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Thats about right, ordered my Unicorn 3 at October show, get it in 2 weeks, confirmed by Bailey at the show.

Many thanks to all that have replied.

I still think thast 16+ weeks is too long but I am reassured that this is the norm.

Again, many thanks

mark

I have been told that Bailey keep changing their production schedules, I understand that there are a lot of frustrated customers who ordered their new vans at the October NEC Show. I was told by one that they ordered at the October show and production has slipped back at least twice and they have now been told late June, 8 months, in July Bailey will probably start production of the 2016 model range !!

You think that you are being taken for a ride. We ordered a Coachman at the Lawns show in early September and were told delivery 1st March. Now we are told it will be built 23rd March and we 'may' get it for Easter but no guarentee. When I was expressing my dismay at the dealers in January I was told that anyone ordering at the NEC in October was being told delivery in July. Bailey are doing well at 16 weeks in comparison.

I too bought at the show, but made sure I was buying from a dealer who had some pre-ordered stock orders placed.

My U3 Cadiz has arrived. I pick it up on Saturday.

Other than that, I would have been waiting several weeks longer.

We also ordered a Verona at the NEC show. Was told it would be mid March for delivery, about a month later went to see dealer to be told it was being built mid April. Phoned last week for an update and was told it's being built mid March for delivery at the end of the month. Dealer told me all his orders have been pushed back, mine was the only one to come forward but it all could change!!!!!! I hold my breath!!!!!! I also think mine was a preordere stock when I placed the order. This is my first caravan and hope it doesn't turn into a nightmare.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Our Verona had just been delivered to the Dealer as a stock unit (with Amora interior option) the second week of November. p/x done we picked the Verona up on the 5th December, have to say "were delighted so far"!

We ordered our Ancona mid August and we are picking it up next week.

We weren't too fussed about waiting as long as we had it for the new season which we have.

Many Thanks for all of your replies.

Can anybody tell me on average how long it takes to build a new caravan and then deliver it to the dealer.

Trying to work out when we might see it.

Many Thanks

Mark

From following the posts on here. If the van is built this week it will be in the dealers next week.

Got a call to say my cartagena is being built week commencing 23/2 this week is yours a twin wheeler also ? call to say today expected delivery early next week ordered in Sept week before nec show.

Many Thanks for all of your replies.

Can anybody tell me on average how long it takes to build a new caravan and then deliver it to the dealer.

Trying to work out when we might see it.

Many Thanks

Mark

According to Bailey - 2 1/2 hours to 'build' :)

Got a call to say my cartagena is being built week commencing 23/2 this week is yours a twin wheeler also ? call to say today expected delivery early next week ordered in Sept week before nec show.

Mine is a single axle being built week commencing 23/2 as well. Hopefully it will be at the dealers next week :D

Hi Guys,

Many thanks in advance

Mark

I ordered our Verona in the first week of November from a dealer up here with a delivery date of 19th of March. Spoke to said dealer last week,he did a quick check and confirmed that he should have the van start of March fit the mover and pass it on to us as per date quoted. Must addmit to never having bought a brand new caravan befor and I like you was surprised and slightly dissapointed it would take as long to receive it.

By the way glad to see some body else getting a Verona in this world of "U3" owners.

We ordered our Pursuit at the October show and having spoken to our dealer today they say our van is due to arrive

With them April13

Fingers crossed

in fairness delivery dates have been moved around and taken a bit longer than expected, it think due to an unprecedented amount of unicorn 3 sales, they have found it difficult to juggle production, hence why everything has been moved around so much.

Though this is very normal in this industry.

We ordered our Pursuit at the October show and having spoken to our dealer today they say our van is due to arrive

With them April13

Fingers crossed

saw a transporter with a Pursuit on the back and towing another go past our house yesterday going towards Lowdhams so it looks like the stock is arriving! :)

Seriously?

Yes - it's a pre-fab on wheels. All the 'bits' are already made up, they just stick 'em together on the production line hence it only takes 2 1/2 hours start to finish.

saw a transporter with a Pursuit on the back and towing another go past our house yesterday going towards Lowdhams so it looks like the stock is arriving! :)

Well it's going to the right place let's hope you see one passing you around 13th April (that one should be mine)