The Bailey Range

We're looking at a newer second hand caravan than our current 2006 Abbey.

There are lots of Bailey's out there but we have no idea what is what. Rangers, Olympus, Pegasus, the list goes on.

Could someone explain the Bailey range for 2010/11/12 caravans. Which is the entry level / mid range/ best specification Tec.

I see your from Doncaster, We are local to you, Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our caravan serviced at Bawtry two weeks ago, the place was rammed with damp 3-5 year old Baileys.

Good Luck.

Entry level is the Orion. Well pleased with mine :)

See my sort of blog and the links within http://inspirebte. yuku. com/forums/82/Bailey-Orion-News-Information/Bailey-Orion-News-Information#.VOehuywwC1w

Edited by Wunny

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Hi Scott and Welcome.

The top of the range is the Unicorn variants. If you look at the current range (2015) their position in the range hasn't changed, only the design and specification.

Vito 122CDI Sport (3ltr V6 Auto) pulling U3 Cartagena

pegasus mid range love the van fixed bed t/a bolonga not damp 2012 bet there are more dry ones than damp.

• Like 1

Entry - Orion

Mid - Olympus

Mid (& a bit more) - Pegasus

Top - Unicorn

Have had 2 Olympus & now on a Pegasus.

Loved the Olympus (get a series 2 version as the improvements are worth it if you can & the aluminium is thicker too!)

Only moved to the Pegasus last year & find it a great spec, plus the van is a little bit wider, which makes all the difference from a sleep perspective

Hope that helps

Got to say Bailey have got it spot on with the front window in the current Pegasus and Unicorn range. Unbelievable how much light floods into the front of the van.

I currently have a series 7 Pageant which was replaced by Pegasus ranges. As Milky says the advantages with the higher ranges is the width. Mines is 7ft 6 wide which makes all the difference especially when cooking and young kids.

pegasus mid range love the van fixed bed t/a bolonga not damp 2012 bet there are more dry ones than damp.

51% isn't a figure to boast about - why are there any with damp at that age.

Traditionally-built Baileys rarely ever got damp under 10 years old and many got to 20 without it.

• Like 1

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Thanks for all the replies.

I didn't realise the damp was such an issue with Bailey's more research needed I think.

If we buy from a dealer,do they do a damp report or is it something we would have to ask for? I'm guessing it depends where we buy it from.

Ant pointers on what to look out for with regards damp would be appreciated. Any particular area which is hidden away and not usually seen?

There are lots of Bailey's out there but we have no idea what is what. Rangers, Olympus, Pegasus, the list goes on.

Could someone explain the Bailey range for 2010/11/12 caravans. Which is the entry level / mid range/ best specification Tec.

I bought a Ranger GT60, if its in your budget they are an excellent buy. Very bland decoration on the inside but the chassis is alko everything.

The mechanism for living, the water heater, fridge, oven/hob all vans use the similar items more or less, our 520/4 has a good size oven, seperate grill and 4 burner gas hob.

The Ranger is a lightweight budget van but they are a fantastic buy. Mine is a 2009, bought off ebay 3 years ago for £8250 with full awning and water/waste plus calor lite. Recent valuation as a px last Sunday against a £20,500 van was £7300, and my van has no service history and dents, and I was keeping all the kit!

Edited by Britdaz
  • Like 1

Insignia 160 Bhp, Sri Vx line Nav, Sports Tourer, Stop Start engine, 14 plate. Bailey Ranger GT60 520/4 2009. Witter detachable towbar.

You will get a damp report with it, if you trust them enough, and if you buy something with manufacturer warranty remaining make sure its still valid.

Has anyone noticed that the bloke who's squeaking on about damp doesn't own a Bailey so where's all this "knowledge" coming from.

I've had a Bailey Ranger (1998), Pageant Provence (2008), Pageant Champagne (2010) , Unicorn Madrid (2012) and non of them have been damp and I don't expect our new Cadiz to be either when it arrives in a couple of weeks

• Like 3

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Has anyone noticed that the bloke who's squeaking on about damp doesn't own a Bailey so where's all this "knowledge" coming from.

I've had a Bailey Ranger (1998), Pageant Provence (2008), Pageant Champagne (2010) , Unicorn Madrid (2012) and non of them have been damp and I don't expect our new Cadiz to be either when it arrives in a couple of weeks

Guess why I don't own a Bailey any more !

All the manufacturers suffer from damp caravans. No manufacturer is worse than the other. As long as you get a damp report and a service history when you buy it and get it serviced regularly yourself then you won't have a problem. We love our Bailey, so do thousands of others. Don't be put off by the one moaning Minnie. If you get it regularly serviced then any problem can be picked up and fixed before it becomes something that makes you bitter and twisted and vowing never to go near them again ! :ph34r:

Edited by Shirl250
  • Like 3

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Loving ours, that's why we've had 3 of them. Never had any issues of damp.

Missing mine now as its been in storage for a while. Never mind, first weekend away of the year next weekend - yay! :D

Guest Benzowner

51% isn't a figure to boast about - why are there any with damp at that age.

Traditionally-built Baileys rarely ever got damp under 10 years old and many got to 20 without it.

But he is referring to a 2012 van which is probably still under warranty so should have any damp repaired foc, I believe Bailey give a 6 year warranty with a possibility of additional 4 years

We had a 2010 Olympus for 4 years, on exchange it was tested and no damp problems were found. We love our Baileys and if you want to listen to the odd few who always go on and on about damp Baileys, then you will find the same results from owners of Lunar, Swift, Eldis etc. who keep on and on about their damp problems.

If you like a van get it checked out and then make your mind up.

Dave

• Like 1

We had a 2010 Olympus for 4 years, on exchange it was tested and no damp problems were found. We love our Baileys and if you want to listen to the odd few who always go on and on about damp Baileys, then you will find the same results from owners of Lunar, Swift, Eldis etc. who keep on and on about their damp problems.

If you like a van get it checked out and then make your mind up.

Dave

. You missed out the Rolls Royce of caravans COACHMAN. Check them out on this problem !

All the manufacturers suffer from damp caravans. No manufacturer is worse than the other. As long as you get a damp report and a service history when you buy it and get it serviced regularly yourself then you won't have a problem. We love our Bailey, so do thousands of others. Don't be put off by the one moaning Minnie. If you get it regularly serviced then any problem can be picked up and fixed before it becomes something that makes you bitter and twisted and vowing never to go near them again ! :ph34r:

Sound advice - happy caravan shopping. Scott488

• Like 1

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

There is only one way to guarantee no damp problems. .. Don't buy a caravan :-) Seriously though, if you get one a couple of years old, you can pay to transfer the warranty to yourself so should you get any damp problems they will be sorted by your dealer and paid for by Bailey.

Vito 122CDI Sport (3ltr V6 Auto) pulling U3 Cartagena

. You missed out the Rolls Royce of caravans COACHMAN. Check them out on this problem !

J&S . ... Sorry forgot that one and probably every other caravan that was ever built !!

There is only one way to guarantee no damp problems. .. Don't buy a caravan :-) Seriously though, if you get one a couple of years old, you can pay to transfer the warranty to yourself so should you get any damp problems they will be sorted by your dealer and paid for by Bailey.

I don't disagree - but isn't that a disgraceful for that to be true of the entire industry.

Thanks for all the replies.

I didn't realise the damp was such an issue with Bailey's more research needed I think.

If we buy from a dealer,do they do a damp report or is it something we would have to ask for? I'm guessing it depends where we buy it from.

Ant pointers on what to look out for with regards damp would be appreciated. Any particular area which is hidden away and not usually seen?

Did you find anything?