Sign in to follow this  
Hinj

Dometic Rml 9330 Fridge

Will certainly try to but it would be nice to know if it is a known problem before I cantact the supplying dealer.

It doesn't matter if it's a common problem or yours is unique - if it's under warranty the supplying dealer should sort it.

Had a replacement shelf arrive this morning. Unfortunately, only one and I have two broken and a third is cracked and will, i'm sure, fail if used.

Is it the same design as the original or has it been revised (and how)?

They are all the same, new design to come and will replace again.

As John says, same as originals. Dometic have apologised for only sending one replacement for my three broken ones and promise to send two more asap.

A bit concerned as I can't get them to confirm that they will replace current ones with the "new improved" version when available. Will watch this thread with interest for news of the new ones.

Have the 'new, improved' shelves arrived? I wonder, although I have not suffered any broken shelves, should I put a marker down with my dealer (van delivered 21/7), that I know what's happened so far, and I'll need replacements?

You surely cannot start a claim on something that hasn't yet broken?

Graham

Why not.

The original design has been modified.

I once had a charger replaced simply because the fan switched on randomly at night.

HI Everyone

Has this fridge shelves issue been sorted now - or should I still be wary when I have my new Valencia in May?

Ta

DJ

Hi All,

Its our first trip away this weekend in our shiney new Verona. Whilst loading up with all the goodies we plan to take, and having in mind what you guys have mentioned about the fridge door shelves, i sensitively loaded the fridge.

Just fitting one of the shelves in place it cracked and the second one broke in the tapered corner slot. Total rubbish, the design is totally flawed. Having a rectangular location peg sliding into a tapered slot that dosent bottom out will only break in a towing environment with fridge contents possibly bouncing in the shelves.

I've emailed my dealer to address this, but awaiting a reply.

What the latest on this issue? Has anyone recieved a newer design shelf yet.

Thanks Mark

Does anyone know if this is fixed yet? Just taken delivery of a new Valencia and guess what? Broken shelf. Bailey parts show it as out of stock so I assume that there are stil problems?

No there has been nothing at all. I e-mailed them in October when they said they did not know when they would be available and I have e-mailed them again today, as yet no reply.

Had two shelves go West shortly after taking delivery just over a year ago. I sent a whinge email to Dometic stating that shelves are too narrow and fragile. They requested model and serial numbers of the fridge and sent four replacement shelves of the old narrow and fragile design. Still waiting for the N E W and improved versions. However, we've been decanting our milk into sealable plastic jugs we got from Denholm and they fit nicely into the shelves, and so far the shelves have survived okay.

The 'signature block' on their emails is:

UK RVOEM
Dometic Uk ltd
Phone: +44 0344 626 01 33

Cadiz now 15 month old, and just had two shelves break this month.

Where is the best place to contact for replacements, out of warranty so don't mind buying.

Bob

250bob

As I understand the warranty you are still covered. See your handbook on page 3 you will find contact details for Dometic also warranty details.

Would suggest contacting by e-mail and include your fridge Model and Serial number. (You will find these inside the fridge at the back).

In my case they replied asking for my address in order to despatch replacements so if you are comfortable with it include your address and phone number.

They told me I could only get them sorted via the dealer.

They were fine for 6 months then seemed to all break at once?

"They told me I could only get them sorted via the dealer."

Perhaps because they are getting so many people claiming replacement for the rubbishy original item?

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if it's a common problem or yours is unique - if it's under warranty the supplying dealer should sort it.

Hi BG,

Too right they should though the 'known problem' phrase can focus the mind of the dealer who may try to blame misuse by the customer for the problem.

I always sa it;s a known issue because if I know about it then it is known

I'm sure I've posted an update already, but no harm to repeat I guess.

We had our shelves break on the first trip out. We had all of them replaced even though I only needed two, so have spares.

The design or material has not changed. So what I have done is sprayed a little silicone lube on the slots before putting them into the fridge door. It just stops the snagging and allows the shelves to sit into their final location. So far so good, it also helps for easy removal when cleaning or adjustment.

Regards

Mark

• Like 1

Same for us arrived in the Scottish Highlands opened the fridge 2 broken shelves. They only had yoghurt pots on them.

Looking at the earlier messages its taking a long while to remedy

I am on the second trip in my Brindisi, on the first one all the shelves broke and were replaced by the dealer. This time one broke out of the two I was using. I did wonder if this problem is due to the lack of shock absorbers on the new Pegasus?

Interesting to read other users' experiences with these weak shelves. I had the same problem, twice, with the fridge in my 2015 Unicorn Cadiz. I've e-mailed Dometic UK and am crossing my fingers that the Araldite will hold on the temporary repairs!

I picked up a replacement shelf last week. My dealer said to take out the plastic 'fingers' as they get too stiff when cold resulting in too much down force being used to put items in. He also said it was unwise to travel with anything on these shelves.

Not sure what to think. I thought Dometic were going to produce an improved version. The only one I have seen has to be purchased and seems to use different attachment points.

I picked up 3 modified shelves from our dealer yesterday. They appear to be exactly the same as the original ones. The only difference to see is the serial number moulded into the plastic. I queried it with the dealer and they assured me they are the modified (??) new ones. Possibly a change in material composition ?

Interesting to read other users' experiences with these weak shelves. I had the same problem, twice, with the fridge in my 2015 Unicorn Cadiz. I've e-mailed Dometic UK and am crossing my fingers that the Araldite will hold on the temporary repairs!

I can recommend Gorilla, its water proof and seems stronger than any super glue or araldite that I have and have used.

Only negative is the glue foams so any repair can look unsightly, and its dearer than the others, but in this case you do get what you pay for.