Sign in to follow this  
maplecottage

Can You Change A Eurotunnel Booking Made With Tesco Vouchers ?

Just looking to book my tunnel crossing but. ......possible retirement on the horizon which means summer dates may be variable and offer some different opportunities.

Has anyone booked a tunnel crossing with Tesco vouchers and then managed to amend the booking ?

Yes, it is no problem at all and there is no charge. I have done it a few times. They are also very helpful. Just phone and have your ref number with you, the fact you paid by vouchers does not affect how they deal with you.

I have booked this years with credit from last year, plus Tesco vouchers plus a small ammount of cash.

If you amend, they will ask you to pay the difference if you want to go at a more expensive time.

John

• Like 1

Likewise. I have nearly always changed my return date and never had a problem. If you move to a higher price crossing then you have to pay the difference. That said they are very flexible and as long as there is room on your chosen change they will amend for you, with 24 hours notice. I was stuck in snow a couple of years ago and arrived six hours late for the crossing, but was waived straight on, no problem, no charge.

NB you can't make up any difference with tesco vouchers unfortunately.

Excellent news guys - I feel more confident about making my booking now :)

The only limitation is that you cannot change your booking on line but have to telephone.

We amended the outward journey several times last year following a family bereavement due to funeral times changing.

No problem even changing the day before. ..unless you go for a more expensive slot.

I have also changed the return trips on a number of occasions while away. Provided you give 24hr notice they can usually accommodate with no extra charge. ..but frequently the time slot change cost a few quid.

I also would be careful phoning Eurotunnel in France from some more distant departments. ...we picked up a hefty phone charge on one occasion. So we tend to leave till we are near calais before calling.

We always arrive early and 9/10 get bumped to the earlier, more expensive, crossing, foc.

Edited by ericfield

That

Excellent news guys - I feel more confident about making my booking now :)

Me too, I've been holding off due to some uncertainty about holiday dates, but I shall get on and book it now.

The irony is that if you book and pay with Tesco Club Card points you can amend direct with Eurotunnel for free only paying if the new crossing is more expensive. But if you buy your crossing via the CC it can only be amended by the CC and they charge an amendment fee!!! Might be the same with the C&CC but I don't know.

David

I also would be careful phoning Eurotunnel in France from some more distant departments. ...we picked up a hefty phone charge on one occasion. So we tend to leave till we are near calais before calling.

Eurotunnel's advertised French number is premium rate 0810. 63. 03. 04 costing 7c flat + 28c/min from a land line anywhere in France.

Using a UK mobile phone (other than Three "at home") in France will incur roaming charges as well as the fixed rate cost but the location in France will not make any difference.

Using their UK land line number 01303 272222 in the UK or abroad avoids the premium rate costs of 0810 in France or 0844 in the UK ;) . As I use Three mobile 'at home', calls in France are at my standard UK rate

BTW calls are diverted to the French customer service whichever number is used! :rolleyes:

David,

You mention that you have to deal with the CC for amendments rather than direct with Eurotunnel. Is this the same with ferry bookings? I ask because I see from my booking that the CC office is only open weekdays 8 til 5 and I am crossing on a Sunday so wonder what to do on any last minute change.

Eurotunnel's advertised French number is premium rate 0810. 63. 03. 04 costing 7c flat + 28c/min from a land line anywhere in France.

Using a UK mobile phone (other than Three "at home") in France will incur roaming charges as well as the fixed rate cost but the location in France will not make any difference.

Using their UK land line number 01303 272222 in the UK or abroad avoids the premium rate costs of 0810 in France or 0844 in the UK ;) . As I use Three mobile 'at home', calls in France are at my standard UK rate

BTW calls are diverted to the French customer service whichever number is used! :rolleyes:

That's interesting. If that is the case, then I was robbed last May when I phoned from Troyes using the 01303 number at €4. 50, then the same number to change the crossing again the next day in Licques costing €1. 26. Both calls from EE phone on Orange FR network.

David,

You mention that you have to deal with the CC for amendments rather than direct with Eurotunnel. Is this the same with ferry bookings? I ask because I see from my booking that the CC office is only open weekdays 8 til 5 and I am crossing on a Sunday so wonder what to do on any last minute change.

My understanding is that all crossing booked via the Club have to be amended by the Club. Now if you were to turn up at the Port I am sure you would be able to change, sometimes at a price. If its a concern I would phone the Club for confirmation.

David

David,

Thank you. However, since making my comment, I discovered that on the confirmation notice there is a DFDS Seaways/Norfolkline 0871 number that says for 'out of hours contact' which I presume is CC out of hours. If I need to change, I think that I will try that one first to try to avoid the CC amendment charge - you never know!