Jump to content

Wrinkly Graphics


Iankell
 Share

Recommended Posts

Has anyone else had this problem on their 2013 Clubman?post-52344-0-54784300-1422828644_thumb.jpg

I am waiting to hear from Catterick Caravans regarding a fix under warranty.

 

Also, for SteamDrivenAndy I thought I would attach a photo I took last Saturday outside Englethwaite Hall Caravan Club site.

 

This is what a proper train looks like ;)

post-52344-0-53668600-1422832807_thumb.jpg

 

Happy New Year Andy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've seen this happen loads of times on the older Baileys. It's normally where the decal shrinks in wrinkles up. This also exposes the decal glue and looks awful. It's more common on a Bailey Ranger. I've never seen it on something as new as yours though.

 

Is is just one side? and only effecting the Decals you've pictured?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, just the offside. I told Catterick caravans about it when it started last year and have just learned that they have the new decals in stock waiting for me = they had put in a warranty claims on my behalf and will fir them when my van goes in for service. Go Catterick Caravans!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 years later...

Hi 

We have the same problem with our Luna clubman si wrinkly graphics it really does spoil the look of the van can anyone help ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Lunar gone new decals will be difficult. Possibly e bay can help though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ARTHUR TASKER said:

Hi 

We have the same problem with our Luna clubman si wrinkly graphics it really does spoil the look of the van can anyone help ?

Only option is to replace with new...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

With Lunar gone new decals will be difficult. Possibly e bay can help though.

There's a great website that does the majority of Lunar  and other makes for decals.
Have a look HERE

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

 

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/02/2015 at 12:21, Tourershine said:

We've seen this happen loads of times on the older Baileys. It's normally where the decal shrinks in wrinkles up. This also exposes the decal glue and looks awful. It's more common on a Bailey Ranger. I've never seen it on something as new as yours though.

 

Is is just one side? and only effecting the Decals you've pictured?

At one time the graphics were spray painted mainly lines. 
now sticky plastic can be fabricated with a multitude colours and now photos and other images.

 

the logos and sticky plastic is what sells the outside of a caravan.

 

big white box has no appeal to a buyer.

 

Some motor homes are just stickers.  Now that sells.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure the decals made any difference to us. We have a completely blank nearside from behind the front window and door which does look bare, but we do not sit looking at it and it is the inside layout and colours that made us buy it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The external ‘decoration’ on a caravan has absolutely zero effect on our choice of model when buying. As I sit here at home (the van is in storage) I can’t even remember what the decals, designs and stripes look like, nor even what colour they are 😀.

Jim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had this so took them off. I had a set made up through Tring signs.

They did a great job but I made a right mess applying them so I've left them off now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, smith100s said:

I had this so took them off. I had a set made up through Tring signs.

They did a great job but I made a right mess applying them so I've left them off now. 

Clean the area with soapy water and rinse with clean water.

 

household spray  bottle with soapy water.

spray plenty of water on the area your alloying your sticker .

peel off the backing from one end and use a credit card or small rubber . Or silicone squeegee to push out any bubbles as you peel off the stickers layer.

spray plenty of soapy water on the top  of you push out the bubbles.

 

same as a window film be gentle keep the top surface wet.

 

any bubbles will need popping with a pin or staple blade then again over with soapy water and the squeegee.

 

when finished wipe the whole sticker off with a soft damp cloth..

 

Edited by Sonar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sonar said:

Clean the area with soapy water and rinse with clean water.

 

household spray  bottle with soapy water.

spray plenty of water on the area your alloying your sticker .

peel off the backing from one end and use a credit card or small rubber . Or silicone squeegee to push out any bubbles as you peel off the stickers layer.

spray plenty of soapy water on the top  of you push out the bubbles.

 

same as a window film be gentle keep the top surface wet.

 

any bubbles will need popping with a pin or staple blade then again over with soapy water and the squeegee.

 

when finished wipe the whole sticker off with a soft damp cloth..

 

I did this, still made a mess of it. One of those jobs that looks easier than it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, smith100s said:

I did this, still made a mess of it. One of those jobs that looks easier than it is. 

Yes had a few windows to do by the time I got past the bits stuck the big bubbles and tears I got quite good at it  by the time I had it all sorted and got a little confidence then ran out of windows to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This company....Below..... has all the patterns for all Lunar decals  If not in stock they can cut out new ones.. Next day delivery as well  ..

MOTIQUE    01925 767 868  

IF YOU WANT THE 2013  LUNAR CLUBMAN DECALS THAT ARE DOWN THE FRONT OF THE ....

FRONT WINDOW .... THEN IT CURVES ALONG THE BOTTOM OF THE WINDOW..  bOTH SIDES  but one is a left the other a right   This is the Near side numbers  given below 

 FOR THE NEAR SIDE  WINDOW DECAL     ( IN TWO PARTS)    ....THE PARTS ARE 

LOWER  CLB-03-13     UPPER CLB-01-13    tHIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE LARGE NAME ......CLUBMAN ...THAT IS JUST UNDER THE GRAPHIC DECAL..

One other thing..... you CAN get the wrincles out ....  Use a STRONG hairdryer  But better using  a heat gun and get the wrincle and surrounding decal  Very warm to hot..... Then use a credit card with the heat on the decal softening it...still keeping the decal hot gently chase the bubble out like you do with wallpaper.  

NOTE THE HEAT WILL ALSO BE SO HOT IT DISTORTS THE CREDIT CARD     it will chase out ...  BUT the decal and bubble has to be hot.....The heat softens the glue and the bubble will move to the edge and pop out.  I have done this and it worked well. BUT it took ages with a professional hairdryer  I needed a heat gun and gave mine away ...I  Never used it.... But wanted it after it was gone !!!   GRRRR.   Look the decals up  online    you have the numbers  but for the NEAR side window of the 2013 Lunar Clubman........  Paul

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...