Sign in to follow this  
Happy feet

Lu Letty Brittany

Hi all any opinions on this place also what's the surrounding area like is it oldy worldly any info welcome

We did our first 2 trips to France here. It's a lovely site with direct access to the beach, a lovely water park and take away.

Most of the pitches are fully serviced but you will need a good length of drain and water hose.

For a very unbiased review I would track Big Tims reviews down on here which are very realistic (we decided to go to du letty based on these and weren't disappointed).

The area around Benodet is nice and there are some good days out to (excuse the spellings) quimper, concarnau and pont avent.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

Mike

• Like 1

We went last year, great is the only word needed

Great meaning large? 542 pitches. That's a serious lot of people on a campsite.

That depends on what time of year you go. We always go in May/June. Last time in Brittany we stayed on a similar size site and there were eight other units there for the whole week. We moved to a smaller site and there were about twenty.

That's true, but Le Letty is closed all through May and doesn't open till 22 June, then they close again soon after the end of August. It's very much a peak season site for families - and nothing wrong with that - but it's not everybody's cup of tea.

It does not feel that large when there due to the way it's laid out and there are enough facilities that you don't have to wait for a shower etc.

We are booked in there for over 2 weeks at the end of July this year. Haven't been before but I have 2 friends who have and they highly recommend it.

Most of the pitches are fully serviced but you will need a good length of drain and water hose.

If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

Mike

Hi Mike, what sort of length drain and water hose would you recommend?

We are booked in there for over 2 weeks at the end of July this year. Haven't been before but I have 2 friends who have and they highly recommend it.

Hi Mike, what sort of length drain and water hose would you recommend?

We managed with 15m of water hose which was a bit tight first year but I would say 20m should cover it for both.

Its like everything, it depends what pitch you are on and how you pitch the van and where all your points are on the van.

Let me know if you need to know anything else.

Mike

• Like 1

It is a big site but it never feels full.

• Like 1

We took our first venture to France last year staying at domain des ormes and had such a great time we decided to go back to France again this year.

Our first choice was the vendee but as we booked in December all the sites were full. After a couple of days of research checking ferries and trying to fit meeting up with friends at the end in Brevedent we booked camping du Letty after reading all the great reviews. Now I've booked I think this should have been our first choice all along.

The only problem for us we were going to use a friends 10% discount code on brittany ferries but as he is a French member it wouldn't work for a UK booking.

Hoping 100's of reviewers can't be wrong !

• Like 1

Du Letty sounds great, so glad we have booked this site. Reviews are outstanding, roll on August :)

• Like 1