Sign in to follow this  
frazerg

Diesel Price

Hi,

Had to fill the car with diesel today and used the pence off per litre offer from Tesco's.

Had 54. 10 litres for £50. 26 which works out at 93p per litre. :D

What a bargain after what we where paying this past year, should make touring a lot easier if it stays this low.

We only use Tesco because it's 2 miles away opposed to 10 miles away for any other.

Cheapest near us is £1. 09 at a Shell garage in Telford,1p less than supermarkets!

Friends at weekend went nearly 25 miles to get diesel that was 2p less than Tesco only 10 miles away, the most any of the cars took was 50 litres. ..was the journey worth a quid?...don't think so

geoff

Asda £110. 7 cheapest around here, Morrisons with their rip off £111. 9 ltr.

My last lot was 92. 9p per litre at Tesco, I crammed 67. 58 litres into a 70 litre tank!

Russ

My last lot was 92. 9p per litre at Tesco, I crammed 67. 58 litres into a 70 litre tank!

Russ

Gosh unbelivable so cheap, thats cheaper than petrol.

We're currently on a site near Welshpool and there's an independent supermarket/Texaco (not one of the big boys) offering 20p off a litre (petrol, derv or autogas) when you spend £60 or more in store. Current derv pump price is £1. 13/litre, so 93p a litre net. Pump price for petrol £1. 07, so 87p net :o .

If you shop there every week, this IMO is a bargain.

Edited by Pebble

Asda is 109. 7 for derv here, petrol is 103. 7

I always use BP ultimate or Shell Vpower diesel. Down to 118. 9 now, bargain

OT but Autogas is selling at 39. 9p/litre on the Pershore Road, Birmingham

Newton Powys BP £114. 9 litre

Asda £110. 7 cheapest around here, Morrisons with their rip off £111. 9 ltr.

Sunday---Morrisons in Kirkcaldy =111. 9ppl 7miles north Morrisons in Glenrothes=110. 9 ?????????????????????????/

OT but Autogas is selling at 39. 9p/litre on the Pershore Road, Birmingham

Our domestic LPG has just dropped to 0. 38 pence + 5 percent vat

Every time I fill up, the price drops the next day!! :o

I always use BP ultimate or Shell Vpower diesel. Down to 118. 9 now, bargain

How can 8p/litre above the price of supermarket diesel be a "bargain" ?

The base fuel is identical, drawn from the same storage tanks, and all fuels contain additives although there are variations in additive packages.

But if you still believe "you get what you pay for" that's your call.

• Like 1

Every time I fill up, the price drops the next day!! :o

Wunny, I could have written that!! :D Guaranteed! Filled up at Sainsburys today at 110. 9p. Tomorrow

it will be 108. 9p!! :(

How can 8p/litre above the price of supermarket diesel be a "bargain" ?

The base fuel is identical, drawn from the same storage tanks, and all fuels contain additives although there are variations in additive packages.

But if you still believe "you get what you pay for" that's your call.

I have some sympathy with that view being a regular Tesco user ( it's across the road) but have to say the last time I HAD to fill up with Shell, my diesel was quieter and returned a better mpg. ( estimated 5% improvement). So a 7% price premium with Shell, may be offset by the benefits mentioned. Of course the extra 20p/litre off Tesco fuel makes that arguement redundant.

The daft thing is, I find myself willingly doing extra (potentially unnecessary) mileage to 'run down the tank' ready for the next 20p/litre off fill up. How barmy is that? Lol

Wunny, I could have written that!! :D Guaranteed! Filled up at Sainsburys today at 110. 9p. Tomorrow

it will be 108. 9p!! :(

Nah. ..I reckon it's bottomed now.

It is recommended that every 4th tankfull of diesel should be a Shell/BP top quality product. Its additives lubricate and cleans the vital parts of the fuel system and it burns at a higher cetane rating which reduces pollution and helps the diesel pollutant filter operate much more efficiently.

My recent mot the tester showed me the results on his exhaust emissions meter and admitted they were the lowest he had ever seen . ..all from a BMW 3l. with 120000 miles on the clock

You can find all sorts of arguments on motoring forums about the benefits of adding lubricants to basic fuels, but doing the math I found it cheaper to pay for top fuels with all the lubricants carefully measured by the company than adding my own from a bottle.

Through the winter months the engine start ups and running is excellent and I see no reason to change. ...just wish I could get it for the French/Spanish & Australian price of 74/72 & 65 p per litre respectively

It is recommended that every 4th tankfull of diesel should be a Shell/BP top quality product. Its additives lubricate and cleans the vital parts of the fuel system and it burns at a higher cetane rating which reduces pollution and helps the diesel pollutant filter operate much more efficiently.

My recent mot the tester showed me the results on his exhaust emissions meter and admitted they were the lowest he had ever seen . ..all from a BMW 3l. with 120000 miles on the clock

You can find all sorts of arguments on motoring forums about the benefits of adding lubricants to basic fuels, but doing the math I found it cheaper to pay for top fuels with all the lubricants carefully measured by the company than adding my own from a bottle.

Through the winter months the engine start ups and running is excellent and I see no reason to change. ...just wish I could get it for the French/Spanish & Australian price of 74/72 & 65 p per litre respectively

Who recommends it - Shell and BP ?

EN standards require a minimum level of additives/cleansers to all fuel - if you want a bit more just add Millers occasionally to the tank.

• Like 1

I never use Shell or BP, I fill up @ Morrisons or Asda in the main. Asda was the last fill up and I reset the fuel use meter in the car. Half a tankful later the average is 64. 2 mpg. I can't see that using higher priced diesel will get better than that and be worth the extra.

110,000 miles on the clock so far.

As for additives, I made my own fuel catalyst for my Series 3 Land Rover. It ran on unleaded, without any conversion and the CO readings, when taken for it's MOT, were Zero! A new MOT tester thought the equipment was broken, until the garage owner put him in the picture and he checked that it was working on another car's exhaust. :)

Hi Black Grouse. ..nope no commercial interest here just a poor guy who very carefully tracks the responses on diesel vehicle forums. ..and as you correctly state Millers is often recommended, but I am running a very expensive Beemer X3 with more ruddy interfering computers on board than took the Apollo to the moon.

I can feel the worm can being prised open right now. ...still it'll all be achedemic when the government decide to reverse their giant cock up of telling us how good deisels are for the environment by taxing us out of existence.

Why is it the nearer you live to a Refinery the dearer the Fuel, beats me !!

• Like 2

Here in Witney Oxon diesel is £115. 9 cheapest, we do not have any supermarkets selling fuel.