Ideas For February 2015 Half Term

Good Evening

I am hoping to go away for february half term week in the caravan with my wife and 2 small children. I was wondering if anyone knows of any sites that have a bar/restaurant/swimming pool open and maybe childrens entertainment.

The only place I have found so far is Sandy Balls in the new forest which I would happily go to but we have been before a few times and it would be nice to go somewhere different.

I live in wiltshire and would happily drive for a couple of hours or so.

Any ideas would be apprieciated

Regards

James

Holgates at Silverdale on J35 of the M6.

But methinks a little too far for you.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Holgates af Silverdale on J35 of the M6.

But methinks a little too far for you.

Looks very nice but quite a long way from us

We stayed at the Caravan Club site in Blackpool at the end of October and that was a fair trek

Otherwise looks like the kind of place we're looking for.

We have stayed at Hendra, Newquay Cornwall in the past.

http://www. hendra-holidays. com/kids-club-newquay-campsite/

Edited by Patp

"Mavis" 1992 Elddis Force 2 towed by 2011 Vauxhall Meriva 1. 7 CDTi - Just me and my dog

“Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs, your heart is very big." Erica Jong

• Like 1

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Just come back from here nice place in the Forest of dean,free indoor pool/jacuzzi/steam room/sauna/small gym. Club & Londis shop on site. Miles of woodland walks and off road cycle tracks only down side is the small shower block. Cost us £108 7 nights non club members.

http://retreats. csmaclub. co. uk/holidayparks/whitemead/facilities#

Woolacombe bay have 4 sites, easewell farm ( camping and tourers, where we have our caravan) twitchen house ( statics and tourers) golden coast and woolacombe bay. You can use the facilities on all the sites, we love it

http://www. tripadvisor. co. uk/Hotel_Review-g551703-d4238165-Reviews-Easewell_Farm_Holiday_Village-Woolacombe_Devon_England. html

http://m. youtube. com/watch?v=yP09HjIpRJo

Oh sorry, easewell opens March 20th!

Bashley Park in the new forest

Cleaning the House while the kids are at home is like clearing snow with it still snowing

VW Touareg + Bailey Verona = Happy Family :)

no idea if it is open in Feb but Haven have a place in Weymouth. great walk from site to Weymouth by footpath then bus back to site. Great facilities. A word of warning, it gets packed and packed sites are not for me. I went before they did the touring site up, rubbish facilities but no people, now great facilities and crowded and I wont go back.

macafee2

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend both Hobourne parks (as per JCloughie) and Whitemead (as per Langers). Both of these are within an hour for us (actually Whitemead is more like 30 mins) and therefore are regular destinations. Whitemead probably has the edge if you're looking for lots of others things to do in the area e. g. Go Ape, Family Cycle trails, Clearwell Caves, Puzzlewood, Forest of dean railway, Harts Barn etc.

• Like 1

Kia Sorento XS 2009

Lunar Conquest 556

Follow out touring holiday blog! > www. caravanwithus. wordpress. com

We have stayed at www. crealymeadows. co. uk a couple of times with our grandchildren. It is adjoining Crealy theme park just outside Exeter which is ideal for children up to about 11. You can buy a day ticket which will give you access for a week if you are staying at the site. It has evening entertainment very similar to Hobourne parks. Having stayed at both the big advantage is being able to go back into the park anytime, and also in the evening when the adult entertainment is on the kids have a safe place to play. You would need to check what is open half term week. We have booked to take them back at Easter.

Andrew

Edited by ascsbe