Sign in to follow this  
Djhare

Pump Won't Turn Off!

HELP! We have a Bailey Unicorn Valencia S2. The pump doesn't seem to be working correctly, feels like there is an airlock in the system all the time. It used to do this a lot but was easily cured after running a lot of water through. Now, nothing works! The water is Not pumping through properly, lots os sitters and spurts and then the pump doesn't turn off. We have to switch the pump off at the mains after every use. ...most annoying! The worst of it is, we have just collected it back from it's annual service! We are away for a week, on a serviced pitch, which I can't make use of! Please help!

Regards,

Julie

Sounds like an air leak in the pick up pipe, possibly where it plugs into the side of the caravan!

hi, just check that hose pipe isn't frozen or the water pipe to the van if your using a aqua roll ????there could be a piece of ice some where in the system, I don't know where you are but I froze very very hard here at home .

Is your drain valve properly closed

Are the 'O' rings on the inlet ok

All taps closed

Pump submerged properly, jiggle it up

and down to get rid of pipe airlock

Are u sure your carbon filter isn't floating i use a plastic tube to run the suction pipe in to hold it on the bottom of the barrel.

Edited by langers8

Thanks for all the tips guys. We just tried our friends pump in our barrel and it works fine. Bizarrely, it won't work in his identical caravan! We keep having issues with this van, not sure any of us would buy a Bailey again! Thanks again.

We had a similar problem twice.

The first time the "O" ring wanted replacing on the Whale inlet and the second time the plastic connection on the pump at the lower end of the blue hose had broken,this was not immediately evident unless you looked carefully.

Back to basics but worth suggesting,have you lowered the Whale flap to secure the plug into the Whale socket ?

Ian

Thanks for all the tips guys. We just tried our friends pump in our barrel and it works fine. Bizarrely, it won't work in his identical caravan! We keep having issues with this van, not sure any of us would buy a Bailey again! Thanks again.

The pump does not go into the barrel. The pump is internal in the caravan. The bit on the end of the plastic pipe that goes into the barrel is a carbon filter. Looks like you are drawing air into the system. Check the "O" ring seal where the fitting attaches to the caravan and it is securely attached with the flap down or maybe the carbon filter is blocked and needs replacing.

Brian

Remember the parts you are looking at are used on most British caravans.

I would look for air leaks, in particular the O ring in the inlet.